Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking of getting a pair of bindings for resort carving and off piste.

95kg naked, intermediate rider :)

Any thoughts on the Union Falcors vs the Flux XF?

Grateful for any input!

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
What board and what kind of feel?

The Fluxs will have a more direct power transfer feel with the footprint and direct feel. The Falcors will have a little more movement on top of the board but not in an unresponsive way, like a Contact Pro that's been going to the gym for 6 years. Not full on beefcake steroids (that's the Ultras) but useable beef.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What board and what kind of feel?

The Fluxs will have a more direct power transfer feel with the footprint and direct feel. The Falcors will have a little more movement on top of the board but not in an unresponsive way, like a Contact Pro that's been going to the gym for 6 years. Not full on beefcake steroids (that's the Ultras) but useable beef.
Thanks for the reply :)

At the moment I'm riding the Korua Pencil Plus with Burton Genesis X.

I'm looking to get an addition to the Korua at the start of the season. Something nice for carving with less taper and more forgiving on the knees in the resort chop. Maybe a Banker or Tracer/Area...

So I'm looking for response but not crazily so. I'd put the Genesis X on one board and the new pair on another board so I can easily swap them around without having to mount bindings. Or just lend a board to a friend and so on.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went ahead and ordered the Flux XF. I got a good deal on them... probably because they were pink.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered the NOW O-Drives for the Korua Tranny + ... should be a solid aggressive setup l. However I can shine some light on some bindings like the Union Ultras as well as the Falcors.. ok.. the Ultras you will get more surplus of dampening and cushion when landing as well as super responsive turns. The falcors are super responsive too but not as damp compared to the ultras. This is my first NOW bindings , have you ever tested they’re tech ?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Flux XF are great, if you can live with the almost non-existent cushioning which is the flip side of the direct feel and great power transfer Nivek mentioned. Compared to the Genesis X they might feel a bit harsh... but this also depends on your boots and board so give them a go. All other aspects of the bindings are really top notch.

Nows are well known for the skate tech which is phenomenal at transferring power to the edges. They also have super padded footbeds so very unlike Flux. The design of Nows work to lock your feet in solidly, even their less aggro models. Screw playfulness and lateral freedom. They are like comfortable straight jackets. :LOL:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Comparing the Flux XF to my old Burton Genesis X. I totally get what you are talking about with the dampening. The Flux XF don't seem to have any dampening at all... I have a bad feeling about putting them on my Pencil plus. Maybe I need a new board to mount them on...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had Union Falcor for a few days. Tried them at home only to see how it fits.
The highback rotation was not adjustable. If your bindings angles are not high, like 10 or 15, perhaps it is ok.
Although the heel loop is adjustable for fitting the length.
I set +21degree for my front foot and I need to rotate the highback which was not possible with Falcor.
I returned them.
The material (plastics and paint) does not look high quality as Burton Genesis x, but the design is nice and simple.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had Union Falcor for a few days. Tried them at home only to see how it fits.
The highback rotation was not adjustable. If your bindings angles are not high, like 10 or 15, perhaps it is ok.
Although the heel loop is adjustable for fitting the length.
I set +21degree for my front foot and I need to rotate the highback which was not possible with Falcor.
I returned them.
The material (plastics and paint) does not look high quality as Burton Genesis x, but the design is nice and simple. View attachment 150979
Hi guys,

interesting topic. I have actually decided to get a pair of Falcors for the new season and am debating whether I should go for Large or Medium size. My boot is a new Burton Ion in 10.5 US.

The picture you've posted represents pretty much what the set up looks like when I put my boots into the binding (not sure but maybe the new Ions are much smaller footprint than your's...).

Would you say based on the picture above that the Ms are too small for the boot? Or is the overhang on both sides still ok? I'm a bit worried that the base plate in the Ls is a bit too big especially given the space on the sides which could lead to my boot moving sideways in the bindings when riding. I however would say that the overall fit in the Ls looks a bit better to me (could maybe move in the heel cup one notch and centre the boot a bit more but that's semantics...). Any thoughts?

I unfortunately cant post any pictures just now but will do so later if helpful at all.

Cheers

·
Registered
374 Posts
@edi414 If your boot seems to be in between sizes or doesn't quite match up in either size I'd look at a different binding. Its not worth the headache otherwise lol. I am in the same situation with my Arbor Cypress and the time I spent obsessing over it I really wish I had just went with something similar that fits better.

@Snowdaddy Lets see those pink XF on that black pencil!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@edi414 If your boot seems to be in between sizes or doesn't quite match up in either size I'd look at a different binding. Its not worth the headache otherwise lol. I am in the same situation with my Arbor Cypress and the time I spent obsessing over it I really wish I had just went with something similar that fits better.

I haven't gotten around to mounting them yet..

·
Registered
13 Posts

@MrDavey2Shoes Thanks for your reply. Agree that it might make more sense to go for different bindings in the end. I'm just not sure whether the Flacors would be such a bad fit (also, with size 10.5 I'm probably in between M and L for most other brands as well...). I'll post pictures of the boots/bindings tonight, would be great to hear your thoughts then.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Photon wides fit borderline snug in the XF mediums. I didn't intend to entirely replace my Genesis X, but more to have a pair of other bindings for my second board.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a pair of Flux XFs that I’m happy with.
I am not the least bit interested in buying anymore foam bedded bindings so Ive been riding the Fluxes or using my split board bindings the last couple of seasons.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts