Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, these bindings are too small for a size 10 Salomon Savage boot.

Just thought I would share for anyone considering this combination. Not sure how well it serves for other Union + Salomon combinations, but it may serve as a reference point.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. The binding was barely wide enough to fit the boot at the heel. The heel had to be squeezed into place.

2. The main strap didn't even come close to being centered after extending it as far as possible.

3. The binding was not long enough (front to back) to have the boot centered (from heel to toe) as they suggested in the pamphlet that came with the bindings. This is after moving the adjustable parts in the front and the back.

Out of these three the straps were the worst. The main strap was just obviously not long enough to clamp down comfortably.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
no go here too

ride capo XL are too wide (i guess) for my salomon f22, size 12.5. The problem is only on my back foot, the boot is just getting loose in the binding while riding, mainly the toe strap,i think it's because of the lateral movement.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My 10.5 Burton Ruler fit my Med/Large Union SL and Atlas. Not sure if the new Force are different plate sizes. I also got Large/Extra Large ankle straps on them. Much better fit. I should mention that my heel cup is all the way out.

I should mention those are 11-12 Union and Burton products. Damn they sound old already. haha

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 10.5 Burton Ruler fit my Med/Large Union SL and Atlas. Not sure if the new Force are different plate sizes. I also got Large/Extra Large ankle straps on them. Much better fit. I should mention that my heel cup is all the way out.

I should mention those are 11-12 Union and Burton products. Damn they sound old already. haha
That's cool, I hadn't thought of getting a different strap. I guess you had to order that separately?

I kind of liked that the boot barely fit in terms of width, since that meant that there wouldn't be any lateral movement, but as I kept trying to adjust it I realized the binding was overall too small.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
1. The binding was barely wide enough to fit the boot at the heel. The heel had to be squeezed into place.

2. The main strap didn't even come close to being centered after extending it as far as possible.

3. The binding was not long enough (front to back) to have the boot centered (from heel to toe) as they suggested in the pamphlet that came with the bindings. This is after moving the adjustable parts in the front and the back.

Out of these three the straps were the worst. The main strap was just obviously not long enough to clamp down comfortably.
Holy shit these things sound like moon boots. And I thought my Deeluxe were big. A size 11 in Celsius fit in the M/L with no problems. I'll stay away from the Salomons.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moon boots sounds about right. They are very comfortable though. I think the plush on the inside makes it bulkier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts