Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i want to buy a new pair of bindings but i'm not too sure what i want yet. It's either the force SLs or the 390 bosses..

Im mostly a park rider but i tend to ride other trails when im bored. They're both sick park bindings but i figured i'd ask some experts because they're only $20 different in pricing. (both will be 2013 models)

They're gonna go on my arbor blacklist

Edit: They're replacing my Union Forces. I like the forces so that's why im thinking of upgrading to the SLs

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Hey guys i want to buy a new pair of bindings but i'm not too sure what i want yet. It's either the force SLs or the 390 bosses..

Im mostly a park rider but i tend to ride other trails when im bored. They're both sick park bindings but i figured i'd ask some experts because they're only $20 different in pricing. (both will be 2013 models)

They're gonna go on my arbor blacklist

Edit: They're replacing my Union Forces. I like the forces so that's why im thinking of upgrading to the SLs
We literally already have a Union SL vs Rome thread that I did. It's right above this thread. Check it out:thumbsup::

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/48726-union-vs-rome.html

Long story short, Rome wins over Union.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Thanks for the reply brotha. I looked through your thread before. 390s are sick bindings but I love my forces. I just wanted to know if it's worth upgrading to the SLs or completely changing companies/bindings
From what I learned throughout the ordeal, and from seeing other Union comparison threads, that the 390 Bosses are more flexible than the SLs. I see the SLs being recommended a lot to freeriders because of the stiffness reliability in the pow. The Bosses are pretty flexible, so if you're wanting a more park oriented binding, maybe go with the Bosses. just my two cents

·
Registered
162 Posts
i have the 2013 blacklist with 2012 390 bosses and its a sick setup, i would go with the 390s just because of the comfort, they feel like nothing when you strap in compared to my union forces

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the 2013 blacklist with 2012 390 bosses and its a sick setup, i would go with the 390s just because of the comfort, they feel like nothing when you strap in compared to my union forces
I was thinking of going the same route as you. Do you think the bosses do well all mountain?

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
From what I learned throughout the ordeal, and from seeing other Union comparison threads, that the 390 Bosses are more flexible than the SLs. I see the SLs being recommended a lot to freeriders because of the stiffness reliability in the pow. The Bosses are pretty flexible, so if you're wanting a more park oriented binding, maybe go with the Bosses. just my two cents
From the Union Sales Manager, the SL is softer than the Force.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was thinking of going the same route as you. Do you think the bosses do well all mountain?
i haven't rode them yet but i believe theyll do just fine if your a park guy riding the occasional trail, they are stiffer than my forces and i could charge any trail on my forces, so theoretically they will be great

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i haven't rode them yet but i believe theyll do just fine if your a park guy riding the occasional trail, they are stiffer than my forces and i could charge any trail on my forces, so theoretically they will be great
Sounds good.

All i gotta do now is sell my forum destroyer chillydog and my forces.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
From the Union Sales Manager, the SL is softer than the Force.
Oh yeah I forgot about that ordeal in the Flow thread lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts