Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random question about a set of Union Falcors I just scooped up. Has anyone ever bought highbacks from a different Union binding and used them on their Falcors? I've heard that the Falcor highbacks can give some bite. Didn't know if I could essentially have two sets of bindings from picking up another set of highbacks???

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm definitely not an expert and have been riding hand-me-downs for quite some time...so will changing the highbacks give the binding a ride that is more like the highback?

It would be awesome to pick up some different highbacks if it would essentially give me two "different" bindings.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I swapped my 2019 Falcor highbacks with the
2022 Force Team highbacks (can be bought as a spare part/accessory).

My Falcors feel more balanced now, between having a stiff baseplate and a more flexible highback. It is almost like having a lightweight Atlas, but with mini disks.

And yes, the Falcor highback (1st version) can have some calf bite sometimes. That was the main reason why I changed to the Force highbacks. Turned out to be a much better binding IMO, all from changing the highback.

Reactions: Bigj866

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Great to know!

I picked up a almost brand new pair of '22's for next to nothing. Thought it wouldn't hurt to have an extra set of highbacks since they are reasonably inexpensive...and I've read about the Falcors Highbacks breaking.

Last question...do I go with the Team Force highbacks or the Strata? I haven't seen the Atlas highbacks for sale anywhere...otherwise I'd buy those.

Thanks so much.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Awesome. Great to know!

I picked up a almost brand new pair of '22's for next to nothing. Thought it wouldn't hurt to have an extra set of highbacks since they are reasonably inexpensive...and I've read about the Falcors Highbacks breaking.

Last question...do I go with the Team Force highbacks or the Strata? I haven't seen the Atlas highbacks for sale anywhere...otherwise I'd buy those.

Thanks so much.
The Force highbacks have the foam on the inside, which I prefer. (And I own Stratas also, btw)

And welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Awesome. Great to know!

Thanks so much.
I couldn't see myself swapping highbacks out regularly - that's just too much effort to be worth it. But having spare parts is always great, and franken-bindings built from the remnants of older/broken bindings can be great. I've been riding Rome bindings for a long time and have picked up a couple used sets that were beat to hell but with some minor fixes and replacing some of the hardware I've gotten a ton of use out of them.

Union changes their stuff so infrequently and they're all based on the same metal heel loop with the single attachment point for the highback that they're probably the best brand to do this with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts