Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking at a new board to replace my Jones Explorer 164w, I’ve got massive US13 feet, so thought it might be time to try a volume shifted option.

The Explorer has been fun, love how stable it is in a carve and at speed, so looking for something that has these qualities. But found it a bit heavy in the POW (my old Slash Brainstorm had better float) and a little lifeless, so looking for a board that will be more fun (turn) in trees and better spring out of a carve.

I’m 84kg, 6ft1 lower level intermediate (still slide my turns occasionally) and spend most of my time looking for POW, playing in the tree line and ridding the resort looking for natural features, no interest in park (far too old) and like to ride a bit of switch, but don’t need a twin. Board in Japan (great POW and tree line boarding) when I can get there, or the main resorts in France like Les Gets and Chamonix.

Currently looking a the Ride WarPig large, or X-Large, anyone with any advise/ experience of moving between similar boards?

Cheers C

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Rule of thumb when it comes to sizing Warpigs (and if you are in-between sizes) - go with the smaller. The XL is a LOT of board even for burly Sasquatches. And you aren't that heavy compared to your boot size...

Oh, and you mentioned spring out of a carve. The zero camber of the Warpig doesn't really lend itself to springing from turn to turn. That isn't to say it's a pig(!) to turn but if you want to spring, you want the cambered Superpig,.

·
Registered
Ten-ish different boards, always buying and selling
6 Posts
With your boot size, you might want to consider the Bataleon Party Wave. Some volume shifted boards are wider than others, and I would go super wide with size 13 US. Also check out the Special Effects by K2.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rule of thumb when it comes to sizing Warpigs (and if you are in-between sizes) - go with the smaller. The XL is a LOT of board even for burly Sasquatches. And you aren't that heavy compared to your boot size...

Oh, and you mentioned spring out of a carve. The zero camber of the Warpig doesn't really lend itself to springing from turn to turn. That isn't to say it's a pig(!) to turn but if you want to spring, you want the cambered Superpig,.

Thanks for the advise, 154 sounds the right size. Yep was wondering if the WarPig might not have the spring I was after, but was worried the SuperPig might be too much board for me..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With your boot size, you might want to consider the Bataleon Party Wave. Some volume shifted boards are wider than others, and I would go super wide with size 13 US. Also check out the Special Effects by K2.
Get what your saying, both the boards you’ve mentioned are 10+ wider than the WarPig, looks like i need to broaden my search. Cheers

·
Registered
114 Posts
Maybe check something from Korua as well. No need to be volume shifted but their line screams pow and carve
Came here to say this too!

Tranny Finder!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts