Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
884 Posts
My god, is Burton going through a retro refit with regards to colourways on all their gear?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imperial boots seem to have gone away. Too bad, I really freakin' love mine. I just can't replace them now if I want another pair...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nah. That board was ruined when they gave it camber. Don't get me wrong, I have a Showdog that I love which is pretty much the current Name Dropper, but the Name Dropper was so damn good when it was flat that the camber just made it too similar to the Process Purepop. The Name Dropper Flat was one of my favorite park decks every year it existed. So, RIP Name Dropper, but from 3 years ago.

I also don't really understand the need for the Blossom considering the Process and Kilroy exist. I don't wanna see Kilroy go away, I have quite liked a number of those boards, and I get that Marky Mark needs "his" board. So if they wanted to introduce another generic twin then drop the Process to 3 sizes, call it Marks Pro Model, and then introduce the Blossom to replace it as a standard board in the line. What they need to do is a dir-twin purepop Custom, not add more mid flex twin camber options. Cartographer looks sick though.
I think the name dropper was their most playful board and now they kind of replaced it with the blossom i guess. But i totally agree with regards to the camber vs older flat camber

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm glad I grabbed a Kilroy pow while I could find one, don't really see anything in their lineup now that's similar. On a side note, I just sent my 2021 Custom in for warranty, really hoping that if they replace it, it's with a 2021 again. Not a big fan of the 2022 graphics.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Blossom replaces Paramount
Right right
And the Paramount was effectively the Process Camber Twin back before there was one and the full camber Process was a directional Twin like the Custom. To me it’s still too much overlap to make sense in the line.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hmm never was on my radar but looks interesting indeed. I generally only own boards on the stiffer end of the spectrum so a slightly softer one would fit the quiver I guess. The pictures are super small on my phone so can only guess really but looks like some very decent carving? How does the board perform in the trees?

lately been mainly on my amplids and Korua board but keen to try something new :). I’d love to add something along the lines of the Korua Dart, good carver but more pow oriented and in particular for deep stuff and/or nimble enough for trees...
SP is certainly on the stiffer end of the spectrum, I did a full review on here somewhere but yes it excels in carving and is great in powder, can go fast and bust through chunder despite its short length (volume shift). I also own the Dart but would prefer to ride the SP over the Dart unless it was really deep powder. The SP is a good time no matter the conditions, the Dart kinda sucks in some conditions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Burton got rid of the Big Gulp?
Not all Family Tree model last more than one year. I wonder what is behind thoses idea to slash models of the FT line up; reviews not meeting Burton expectations, sales, profit per board,trying to make a model exclusive....
Flight Attendant et Skeleton Key made it out the FT line up to the current Burton line up at least.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
The family tree is meant to be 'experimental' and high-turnover for fresh ideas. The overwhelming majority of boards are 'one and done.' Very few boards transition into the main lineup, so if you like a board then waiting for end-of-season deals is a gamble because if it sells out then your only option in most cases is going to be the used market.

The other recent board to make it into the main lineup but wasn't mentioned is the Hometown Hero.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The family tree is meant to be 'experimental' and high-turnover for fresh ideas. The overwhelming majority of boards are 'one and done.' Very few boards transition into the main lineup, so if you like a board then waiting for end-of-season deals is a gamble because if it sells out then your only option in most cases is going to be the used market.

The other recent board to make it into the main lineup but wasn't mentioned is the Hometown Hero.
Kind of that I did with the One Hitter last July. There was still some available, waited till the early July sales that Burton do. Bought it, few hours after, all sold out.
No regrets.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Kind of that I did with the One Hitter last July. There was still some available, waited till the early July sales that Burton do. Bought it, few hours after, all sold out.
No regrets.

The One Hitter is a gem. So nice I bought it thrice 😉 Demo'd it in spring two seasons ago, then bought it in the demo size when it was released in the fall. Then I bought another of a different size towards the end of the season, with the intent to sell the first one. I decided I liked it so much that I wanted a backup of the one size but they had all sold out by then, so I kept the two that I had. Just a few weeks ago I found one through a facebook group, so I snapped it up, and that's how I ended up having 3 of them. I'll sell the one of them next fall/winter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The One Hitter is a gem. So nice I bought it thrice Demo'd it in spring two seasons ago, then bought it in the demo size when it was released in the fall. Then I bought another of a different size towards the end of the season, with the intent to sell the first one. I decided I liked it so much that I wanted a backup of the one size but they had all sold out by then, so I kept the two that I had. Just a few weeks ago I found one through a facebook group, so I snapped it up, and that's how I ended up having 3 of them. I'll sell the one of them next fall/winter.
Good to read from another owner of this board.
I've rode it all winter, and honestly it's just amazing. I've tried to push it as much as I could but honestly, I didn't felt limits from it, it seem like it can take a lot and offer a lot, which please me a lot and satisfied me.

Have you reach a point on it that you didn't felt it good enough or stable enough?

I like so much how it can be taken either smoothly and/or aggressively, making it very versatile.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Good to read from another owner of this board.
I've rode it all winter, and honestly it's just amazing. I've tried to push it as much as I could but honestly, I didn't felt limits from it, it seem like it can take a lot and offer a lot, which please me a lot and satisfied me.

Have you reach a point on it that you didn't felt it good enough or stable enough?

I like so much how it can be taken either smoothly and/or aggressively, making it very versatile.

I agree 100%. I'm sure I'll never find the board's limits, and it works in every terrain or for however I feel like riding. I'm still surprised at how little attention it got, but I suspect that it's mostly because the attention last year was all on the Hometown Hero.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts