Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I had never really thought about wearing one but tried one in a shop yesterday and it does not feel as restrictive as I imagined. I did not try it with a backpack tough.
The model is Forcefield Pro Vest XV with a CE 2 protection. It has both back and front protection.

Anyone riding with this one or any other body armour? How cumbersome does it feel?
Any model you can recommend?
If I was going for it, I would probably like to go for both back and front protection.

Thanks a lot,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, I do not ride park or rails, but intend to get back into small to medium natural hits, so thinking maybe this could boost my confidence. I guess I am hoping to get views on usefulness vs being a pain to wear.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
My son and I both wear the demon united vest and shorts. He is a competative snowboarder who is exclusively a park rider. He complained about the demon stuff for years till he tried the vest, not restrictive light, and give him the freedom to do his park stuff. prior to that he used to use the 5 pad football shirts, but tacos on rails, these didnt help
Me on the other hand, i dont do park at all, and really more concerned about losing work by a bad fall, i also moved to the vest. I started with the full jacket and pants flex force pro. but have slimmed down to shorts and vest

hope that helps

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wear an older model Komperdell vest. I notice it's there, but I feel naked without it. The newer models with the adaptive foam are awesome - super light and comfortable!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot @larrytbull, @emt.elikahan and @Aracan.

I'll have a look at those and hopefully will go and try them on with jacket and backpack.

I use these:

Thanks, that is probably what I need but unfortunately it does not ship in the UK so I'll to compromise and get something else.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the demon xconnect jacket and pant (shorts) combo which work very well for me. Just keep in mind that the D3O spine protector is rather thick and you'll get pretty hot quick. I use them because I had lumbar spine surgery and I'm a little paranoid now, but you'll probably be fine with the crash pants only. Flexibility is good and I didn't feel like it was restricting in any way.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also use the demon United full top amor and flex pants. As I've gotten older I still wanna try small to medium features. The confidence has grown but it takes longer to heal now.

They don’t feel too restrictive to me either

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I used to use this

But I don't wear underwear & haven't since I was like 7 or so.
So I just can't get used to cramming my huge balls into them now.

But I had to give up the armor cause one day, I had to many layers on underneath my armor.
My nuts got all sweaty, then on they chair ride up one of my nuts got frozen to my steel armor.

Now I only have 1 & 3/4 balls.

TT

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have demon padded shorts. They’re nice for the occasional edge catch. IF I fall it’s usually on my left hip shoulder going on to a heel turn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts