Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there I just recently moved near the mountains and am looking into getting my own gear and ended up landing on this board. Anyways long story short I found a seller asking $350 for his (right length and everything). Said he got it last season, only road it 6 or 7 times during the season, and there are no significant scratches, gashes, or core shots.

I have photos of the board but I'm not really sure what to me looking for that would indicate major damage. The 2nd to last one is the one that seems like a potential problem to me.

Anyways if someone that knows their stuff wouldn't mind taking a look I would really appreciate it! (Also if this is a terrible price for the board please let me know.)

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Looks cosmetic to me, no real problematic holes. Don't know NS boards well but they are made in America. Seems fair if it's really last years board.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I would try to get it for less. If it was new to him last season, he probably didn't pay much more than that before he rode it over some rocks. That deck is 3 years old, not 1.

·
Registered
451 Posts
yeah you should definitely try and get it for less, i got a new neversummer sl for $250 from one of my local shops at the end of last season

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just registered to reply to this thread. I bought a never summer proto hdx today from BC Surf and Sport. It's the 2014 version, so I payed the premium price. But I saw plenty of their 2013s in the 375-450 range. I think it'd be worth checking out if you plan on spending $350 on a used board.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I just registered to reply to this thread. I bought a never summer proto hdx today from BC Surf and Sport. It's the 2014 version, so I payed the premium price. But I saw plenty of their 2013s in the 375-450 range. I think it'd be worth checking out if you plan on spending $350 on a used board.
Yep, dude $350 for a board that has some damage already. I would pass. Where are you? Are you in an area that this is the only option, or can you check out some shops and your local craigslist?

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
No Way $350!!! I have the exact same board, bought from an occasional riding buddy last season! It was a lot newer, no damage, and even though I got the friend price of $180! (...yeah that right, I Scored big there!) ;) He was only planning to ask $225 from anyone else!

$200 tops, and that's stretching it! Personally, you can get a great New (last years) board for $350 or even less. Even now! Check the sales. I know they really like to promote buying local around here, so check your local shops n see if they are having any clearance or pre-season sales. Barring that,.. evo.com, backcountry.com, Register at TheClymb and check out the sales on some great boards they have going right now! Might not find a NS board, but you will find just as comparable!

Good hunting!

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
The clymb has high society boards which are just renamed ns boards on right now
not exactly true.

That's like saying fatypus skis are just renamed ns boards because they get made at that factory.

You do get a pretty decent generic though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, dude $350 for a board that has some damage already. I would pass. Where are you? Are you in an area that this is the only option, or can you check out some shops and your local craigslist?
I'm in denver and found this one on the local craigslist. Can anyone recommend some shops that might have this board (152 or 154)? Because it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
What damage are we crying about here? All I see is 1 tiny scratch on the base that could be p-texed if you felt necessary. A few light cosmetic scratches on the top that are nothing compared to your typical Lib/Gnu board. Price might be a bit high, but I don't think condition is an issue here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What damage are we crying about here? All I see is 1 tiny scratch on the base that could be p-texed if you felt necessary. A few light cosmetic scratches on the top that are nothing compared to your typical Lib/Gnu board. Price might be a bit high, but I don't think condition is an issue here.
So in your opinion for what price would this be worth it?

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
The price would be fine if it were the 2nd year. Same board but a year newer. That price is steep for a 3 year old board(warranty is over now too), that said NS's resell better than any other. Proto even more no doubt.. Barter.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
So in your opinion for what price would this be worth it?
I dunno, given year/condition/original price I probably wouldn't pay over $250 shipped.

The price would be fine if it were the 2nd year. Same board but a year newer. That price is steep for a 3 year old board(warranty is over now too), that said NS's resell better than any other. Proto even more no doubt.. Barter.
How is it 3yrs old? 11/12 season = 2yrs old.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I dunno, given year/condition/original price I probably wouldn't pay over $250 shipped.

How is it 3yrs old? 11/12 season = 2yrs old.
Well it's last season's board... Last season. Technically 2 years old. Since we're coming into 2014 it seems that's where they're getting 3 years? That said.... Wouldn't pay a dime over 275 delivered if you want it that bad.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts