Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I've been outside of PA for boarding so figured the trip was going to be amazing no matter what. Pretty much was...only complaint was a disappointing first 2 days. Had warmed up all around salt lake city so monday at park city (did the quick-start to go for free) and tuesday at snowbird where pretty shitty. Really was all ice except for some slush at park city from the rain. I've heard so many good things about snowbird so I really had my hopes up and was really let down. Had bought a ticket for the tram/tunnel which never opened for the day plus there was nothing but ice. By far the worst conditions I had seen this season and that's comparing to the little hill I go on here on the east coast which has been mostly man made snow. Thankfully brighton and solitude were hit with about 10" tuesday night into wednesday. Had fresh pow at brighton all day wednesday then went to solitude thursday and did a half day friday at brighton before our flight. At least glad the trip ended well....maybe I'll get to enjoy snowbird another time! lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
nice pics thanks for sharing...and thats whats been keeping me from booking a short trip out west (too much risk of bad conditions)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was only a blue!! lol that's where the starphotoutah.com person was set up at brighton...I was dissapointed, it does look weak but the only action shots I had!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm happy with just a few inches :laugh:

thanks for the comments though...hard to pick just a few out of 100+ lots of people seem to like this one

·
Veteran Member
11,566 Posts
Actually Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming, are all considered the "West". Fact.

So saying the "West" includes this whole region all the way to the coast. That is just the way it is...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I scored a flight from Boston to Jackson Hole for $450 (excluding baggage fees), which I thought was pretty solid. Last year similar flights were $700+. Fortunately, I am staying with some friends, so my other expenses will be somewhat limited.

There's really only two destinations when considering a ski/board vacation: East and West (sorry, Michigan), so I agree with kill on this one. To me, East and West aren't just geographic locations, they evoke certain images: higher elevations, open bowls, higher snowfall totals in the West; cut trails below the tree line, better grooming and icy conditions in the East.

·
Veteran Member
11,566 Posts
^^True 'dat.

Not that MPD's assertion that Colorado is the Central Rockies is wrong either. But you don't say I am going to the Central Rockies or the West. The Central Rockies is in the West. If he had of said the West Coast, Coastal Ranges, I would have agreed with him to some degree. Some places have had a rough go of it, but that is about to change for many.

·
Registered
500 Posts
:laugh: I didnt say its crap...did I??? And if you read my post I said "majority" and thats true..Rain is predominant out west...That can and does change of course but none the less it hasnt been all that good out there... Its spotty at best.
ummmm.... are you on fucking crack?.... no , must be mega crack

·
Veteran Member
11,566 Posts
Wow, I think we are all getting jealous here. Those conditions look amazing. Let's see.

4" in the past 24hours, huge powder.

Base 10-30", oh bottomless turns...

Total snowfall for the season 74". Wow, that is absolutely hammered.

Stunned. I wouldn't even bother coming out west with our 5-15ft bases and over 300" of snow. Not even close to that huge amount of snow out east...:D

·
Registered
393 Posts
:laugh:No its not crack, nor mega crack..but your close..

It is white, it is potent, it is smooth, very satisfying btw, I snort a ton of it too and I have a great dealer!!!! He's been giving me a steady non stop dose since December 1st...

Matter of fact im leaving in about a half hour to go snort some more because we got a new batch in overnight and im going to get first lines before any of the other crack heads in my area get to the stash...
since were playing the picture game...Ill post what Ive been riding out west this season.

your turn

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wow, I think we are all getting jealous here. Those conditions look amazing. Let's see.

4" in the past 24hours, huge powder.

Base 10-30", oh bottomless turns...

Total snowfall for the season 74". Wow, that is absolutely hammered.

Stunned. I wouldn't even bother coming out west with our 5-15ft bases and over 300" of snow. Not even close to that huge amount of snow out east...:D
since were playing the picture game...Ill post what Ive been riding out west this season.

your turn
hahahha :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts