Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's kick it off early!

It's July 28th, and we've been extremely lucky with the summer weather, I had one of the best summers yet, traveling Asia, Europe, and the world.

But now I'm back home, and what do you know, winter is around the corner once again... Whoop whoop!

Time to start looking at some killer summer deals, I need some new boots!

V.

·
Super Moderator
6,327 Posts
Need to keep harassing the Boardroom to find out when the 2014 NS boards come in.
:yahoo:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to buy me some new boots. Thinking of Salomon Malamutes... Any opinions, anyone?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ride Malamutes now, absolutely love them, the stiffness is great (I've never tried taking out the adjustable stiffness inserts), and they seem really durable. Whenever these ones eventually wear out, I'm just going to buy another pair of Malamutes in the same size, they're perfect for me.

As for 2013/2014 season, I just moved from Van to Whistler a couple weeks ago so I can't wait for the season to start! Just ordered my first split! :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ride Malamutes now, absolutely love them, the stiffness is great (I've never tried taking out the adjustable stiffness inserts), and they seem really durable. Whenever these ones eventually wear out, I'm just going to buy another pair of Malamutes in the same size, they're perfect for me.

As for 2013/2014 season, I just moved from Van to Whistler a couple weeks ago so I can't wait for the season to start! Just ordered my first split! :)
Sweet! I think I'll go buy them this week. I've found them for a decent deal... How do you find the fit? are they true to size? I've tried other Solomon boots and I'm a 30, size (13). Just thinking if I should go half a size smaller.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've heard Salomons don't pack out quite as much as other brands. I don't know how true that is accross all brands I just know mine didn't pack out as much as my 32s did, but they do still pack out as they break in. I still bought mine to be just a tiny bit too tight but not painful so that they would pack out to be just right.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Malamutes are finally ordered, just waiting for them to arrive, got them for $180, the 13 model. I don't think they changed them that much over the 14 model. I'm excited!

·
Super Moderator
6,327 Posts
Seymour is advertising some changes for this year. There are others, but these are the ones I consider interesting.

Better Value and New Evening Lift Ticket – Mt Seymour has been looking at how we can offer greater value to our guests and so for 2013 we have added an extra hour of skiing and boarding to our afternoon ticket, now valid from 3pm instead of 4pm, and we have created a new evening ticket where you can ski and board from 6:30pm until close for only $28.

Bison X Snowcat – Mt Seymour has purchased a brand new Bison X snowcat. This extremely agile snowcat, able to operate on steep terrain, can create steep curves and the maneuverability of the blade and tiller means we will be able to create some great features this season.

Improved Lighting – We have upgraded the lighting on Lodge so that Lower Trapper John’s is now lit for night skiing.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Seymour is advertising some changes for this year. There are others, but these are the ones I consider interesting.

Better Value and New Evening Lift Ticket – Mt Seymour has been looking at how we can offer greater value to our guests and so for 2013 we have added an extra hour of skiing and boarding to our afternoon ticket, now valid from 3pm instead of 4pm, and we have created a new evening ticket where you can ski and board from 6:30pm until close for only $28.

Bison X Snowcat – Mt Seymour has purchased a brand new Bison X snowcat. This extremely agile snowcat, able to operate on steep terrain, can create steep curves and the maneuverability of the blade and tiller means we will be able to create some great features this season.

Improved Lighting – We have upgraded the lighting on Lodge so that Lower Trapper John’s is now lit for night skiing.
I wonder why they got a Bison?:unsure:

Maybe they plan on lending it to Cypress:dunno:

TT

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone remember when was the pre-season opener at cypress last year, with their man-made snow? Late Novemberish, if I'm correct.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Not Exactly sure, but Whistler usually opens on the 17th of Nov & I think Cypress beat them last year?

Could be wrong, it might have been the year before?

Anywhere from mid to late Nov.
They bought more guns though, so maybe earlier:hope:

TT

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not Exactly sure, but Whistler usually opens on the 17th of Nov & I think Cypress beat them last year?

Could be wrong, it might have been the year before?

Anywhere from mid to late Nov.
They bought more guns though, so maybe earlier:hope:

TT
I think you're right, I remember going on the first day, and it could have been around the 15 or so, damn, that's a little less than 2 months from now!!! Boom!

·
Registered
100 Posts
The year before last Cypress opened crazy early, think it was Nov 7th.

Last year the mountain were pretty much good to go late October, like 70+ CMs of base. I had a kicker session on Seymour on October 23rd with some friends, lots of people up there late oct last year. Then it all rained away at the end of october and the mountains opened mid nov.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ohhhhh shieeeeeeet! :) let's do the "drop temperature" dance! We've got the rain! Uuuyggga bugggggaaa uggggas bugggggaaa

·
Registered
570 Posts
Bought my whistler pass the other night!

In other news... 100cm in the alpine by Tuesday? Would love it if it stuck around...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cant wait for the season to start!!!!!:yahoo: New outerwear and getting boots soon too. Picking up my Seymour pass next weekend at Coastal in Langley!!!! Its getting close:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

1 - 20 of 518 Posts