Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Vancouver/Whistler/Southwest BC, 2022-2023 season

1461 33
Hear ye, hear ye. It's time to start the navel-gazing and second-guessing. Snowboard season in the Lower Mainland and environs is close. Not close enough for my taste, but close. The Sea to Sky Highway now requires snowtires (never mind temps in Whis were 27 C today), and the shops have started stocking up on winter stuff.

So let's begin.
Reactions: blunted_nose
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first item of interest is that this winter we'll be dealing with the new Whistler Creek gondola and Red Chair. The new Red Chair is nothing but good news. The line-ups at the base of that puppy on a busy day were nuts. The gondola, surprisingly, is getting mixed reviews. Some people are claiming that increasing the uploading capacity to the mountain without increasing the capacity of the mountain overall is just going to degrade the experience. Whatever. I rode the old Creekside gondola once, and that was enough. The way I look at it, maybe it'll attract some traffic away from Whistler village base.

·
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interestingly, Vail has announced that they'll be replacing the Fitzsimmons lift and the Jersey Cream lift next summer (there goes bike park season), so 23/24 should be even more fun. And by fun, I mean a shitshow.

·
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interestingly, Vail has announced that they'll be replacing the Fitzsimmons lift and the Jersey Cream lift next summer (there goes bike park season), so 23/24 should be even more fun. And by fun, I mean a shitshow.
Some more info on this here.

·
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've noticed while checking the webcams that Whistler has taken down the demo hut at the Roundhouse level. That's unfortunate, as I was looking forward to maybe demoing some new boards this year. I wonder if they'll replace it with anything.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I know you will be sending your prayers to Ullr as will the rest of us. But more important, for your sake, who do you pay homage to so as to keep the Pineapple Express, aka the Atmospheric River at bay?

·
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I know you will be sending your prayers to Ullr as will the rest of us. But more important, for your sake, who do you pay homage to so as to keep the Pineapple Express, aka the Atmospheric River at bay?
That's the million dollar question, isn't it? Last year was so bad when those things rolled in.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts