Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys !

I would like to ask if any of you has tried the Vans Aura Pro (model 2021). 2022 the same ;) ) . I'm considering buying them as I have a big problem with my feet.

Last two years I had a pair of Flux VR SPeed and they were great (I also had Salomon , Malamute, Burton Driver X, but they were to hard, to stiff .... ) but this year I decided to look for something nice and new in double boa.

so ... I've tried: Ride Lasso Pro, Ride Insano (terrible size fitting), 32 Tm-2 (the same) , and even Burton Ion (also... can not find the right size with my 302 mm feet)

I'm intermediate to advancebeen riding for almost 20 years but no more that 6-10 days a year (unfortunately) . SO my skill are not so bad :) no problem with riding od the edges etc.

i do 90% on piste (morning groomers, riding on edges, etc) and about 10% in pow (if we have pow :D) . I'm not "a FS Park" person . I have Rome Ravine 2022 and Flux xf 2021 bindings.

lets be hones I'm 40 years old , 193 cm, 105 kg (but well build not fat) guy. ... Is this boot ok, I mean worth to try ?

WIll be very grateful for your comment and suggestion .

My wife wants to kill bebecuase almost each day I receive another package with snowboard boots and no one fits....

I'm afraid I'll need to stay with... Flux VR Speed but maybe ... Aurora will be a good option :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I tried on a pair of the Aura Pro's and I really liked them and would have kept them if it wasn't for the internal J bar foam on the inside of the liner. That piece caused me pain in my inner ankle area. The boot is comfortable and has good heel hold but I returned them and ended up with the Aura OG. The Aura OG still has an internal J bar built into the liner but it's not as aggressive as the Aura Pro. You'll just have to try them on for yourself to determine if it fits your foot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried on a pair of the Aura Pro's and I really liked them and would have kept them if it wasn't for the internal J bar foam on the inside of the liner. That piece caused me pain in my inner ankle area. The boot is comfortable and has good heel hold but I returned them and ended up with the Aura OG. The Aura OG still has an internal J bar built into the liner but it's not as aggressive as the Aura Pro. You'll just have to try them on for yourself to determine if it fits your foot.
Ok thx ! I’ll test aura pro - i need more agressive boots For sure as i was riding in Flux VR speed before (flex 8). I’ll chthe Liner as well. I hope there Will be fine cause it is my last chance :) if they Will not fit -
I’ll stay with Flux VR speed

But you say that the stiffness and „agressivness” Will be on For riding on piste (on edges) right ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok thx ! I’ll test aura pro - i need more agressive boots For sure as i was riding in Flux VR speed before (flex 8). I’ll chthe Liner as well. I hope there Will be fine cause it is my last chance :) if they Will not fit -
I’ll stay with Flux VR speed

But you say that the stiffness and „agressivness” Will be on For riding on piste (on edges) right ?
They're actually not that stiff, I believe they're rated a 6 on the Vans scale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts