Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my board in a new resort for a about 2 hours. I found the whole base of board is covered by some black substance. I am pretty sure it is the ski resort (I don't want to name it) because I use another board earlier and it is cover with similar substance just not as bad. That board is in the shop because of that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks both for the advice. I will try to get it cleaned. I probably will bring a cleaner with me for next trip.

Tahoe Sludge I've only ever encountered that shit on the west coast. Orange citrus cleaner is your friend.
I only get it from the resort by the freeway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is still not half clean after hot scraping 4 times, a bottle of Swix base cleaner and some citrus base cleaner. Hot scraping is more effective but I am out of wax.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The sludge from Bear Mtn is just insane, i take a putty knife to my board the scrape that stuff off after a day of riding Bear.

Citrus base cleaner and some wax will clean it out, but why clean it untill the season is over cause it is just gona get dirty all over again.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The sludge from Bear Mtn is just insane, i take a putty knife to my board the scrape that stuff off after a day of riding Bear.

Citrus base cleaner and some wax will clean it out, but why clean it untill the season is over cause it is just gona get dirty all over again.
I need smooth and fast base to have enough speed to clear jump.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
simple green, a brass brush, and some muscles
Thanks for the advices form all. Muscles are definitely needed. I got rid a lot of them. I also bought citrus based goo gone. In the end, I scrap the dirt off, otherwise I will need to leave the cleaner on the board a long time in order for the thick stuff to dissolve.

I also realize that my base in not in good shape with a lot of scratches. It catches dirt easily and hard to clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is still not half clean after hot scraping 4 times, a bottle of Swix base cleaner and some citrus base cleaner. Hot scraping is more effective but I am out of wax.
a bottle of Swix base cleaner? that much? aren't you gonna dry out ur base pretty badly?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts