Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I haven't done it but have considered it. I would contact a die-cut sticker company and see where they get their vinyl or if they're willing to cut you a deal on it. Vinyl stickers seem to last a good while so I would assume its all about having a nice clean surface for the sticker to stick on.

And why not? Definitely not heavy (do people with crazy sticker jobs have "heavy" boards?) and it gives you a blank canvas to work with on your board. It would be cool to have a die cut sticker maker do logo cutouts in the wrap so you have a reverse sticker kind of look where the normal topsheet is showing through.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The first board I bought had the entire top surface wrapped with a vinyl sticker. I don't get to ride often (I live in ATlanta), but it has held through all of my, and most of the previous owner's trips with very little peeling on the edges.

Go for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have my own 24" vinyl cutter. I do stickers and logos for cars. Just didn't know if it would hold up in some pow! To a reply up top, the reason for it is because I bought a bored I've been wanting for awhile for really good price but it just didn't have the design I wanted.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
and there are a ton of vinyl colors and designs to choose from. Most print shops now carry this as well as some big box auto parts stores. Very abundant on the web as well.

I think you should do it and post the results. Can't cost but $25 ish bucks, so worth the effort and you posting the results

·
Registered
417 Posts
It's not really that bad. Considering I'm gonna be nearly 50 bucks into painting myself plus the time it takes. Still rather have my own satisfaction.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts