Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey all,

Might have a free night coming up to hit Wachusett. Any updates on conditions?

Annie
3 blues are open, top to bottom, plus a few boxes and rails on the side of one. Thin cover, narrow trail (as the signs say). Pretty icy and gets cut up and chunky by 10am. Immediately bruised if you wipe out. But, it's all I know, so I still go and have a blast. Headed there tonight after work for my 7th day of the season.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I went last Monday morning before they opened Ralph's and it was OK. Conifer was too icy, but Challenger was in decent shape. Haven't been back since; I don't want to start night riding until they at least have edge to edge on Ralph's, or until they open a couple more of the blues. Damn shame we're getting an inch of rain tomorrow night - it should be snow!

I'm hoping to get back into night riding next week.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went last Monday morning before they opened Ralph's and it was OK. Conifer was too icy, but Challenger was in decent shape. Haven't been back since; I don't want to start night riding until they at least have edge to edge on Ralph's, or until they open a couple more of the blues. Damn shame we're getting an inch of rain tomorrow night - it should be snow!

I'm hoping to get back into night riding next week.
Yeah I was there Sunday and Challenger and Ralph's were crowded. Conifer was basically empty - the death cookies were a bit too much for some folks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was at WaWa last night. The conditions were somewhat lousy; lots of ice/hardpack, but still rideable. Looks like 10th is now open.

Good news... I was working on my 360s off to the side and I managed to get a good feel for them, even nailing a few. I can't wait to get back out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts