Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't really know if there's such a thing as a "good" or "bad" boot for a beginner. Besides maybe a boot being too stiff (unlikely unless you're dropping alot) or hard boots. Really and this is what everyone here will say, the best boot is the boot that fits you and is comfortable. So go try some on.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
there is no such thing as a beginner boot....only boots that fit well. however being a beginner...ya don't know what fits and how things pack out...so imho get a med flex boot that fits really good...after trying out at least 50 pairs, anticipate that it will pack out and look/consult with the above sticky boot faq on how to tweak so they work or go to a boot fitter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had hard time with boot fitment when starting out. I often had to make adjustment as I was learning, just because I was curious to try different tightness.

I started out with a K2 Maysis that I borrowed from a friend. I liked it it. The second year, I got my own, traditional lace and I didn't like it. For whatever reason while riding and falling I wanted to adjust my boots and that was a pain on the slope because I was tired from falling.

The 3rd season I got a single BOA and it was good. I got rid of it last season and got the K2 Maysis with the true double BOA that adjust internal and external. can't wait to be back on the slope again.

I highly recommend the K2 Maysis boots. The material used is very comfy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts