Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, i'm in ontario canada and the resorts here are pretty crap compared to quebec and whistler but it's the only thing we got here. i plan on joining a freestyle camp and cost is $4500 for a total of 45 days of training.

what do you think? is the cost outrageous or normal for snowboard camp? thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
why don't you just hire some private lessons usually those go for $100-200 per day you'll get one-on-one attention and be able to focus specifically on what you want to learn.

Or you could look in to one of the summer camps at woodward, high cascades or timberline which are 3-7 days usually they'll be way cheaper and still you should probably be able to learn a lot.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why don't you just hire some private lessons usually those go for $100-200 per day you'll get one-on-one attention and be able to focus specifically on what you want to learn.

Or you could look in to one of the summer camps at woodward, high cascades or timberline which are 3-7 days usually they'll be way cheaper and still you should probably be able to learn a lot.
ya i thought about camp of champions at whistler but total cost including travel is gonna be like $3000 for only 8 days so i thought $4500 for 45 days is not bad. but then again ive never been to snowboard camps before so i have nothing else to compare it to lol.

i guess your private lesson idea is pretty good. what do i do? just see who's good that the park and ask them if they wanna teach me for money? lol. for some reason i dont think my local resorts have any freestyle coaches. i could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
well if there are no resorts near you with freestyle coaches then maybe you're out of luck...

if you've got money to spend though I'd just go somewhere good for vacation and budget a few hundred bucks for some extra private lessons.

All in all $4,500 for 45 days is probably pretty reasonable but it's a huge time commitment and a lot of money to drop all at once :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Where in Ontario do you live and what hill are you planning on spending this money at? You are almost definately better off grabbing a seasons pass and just getting individual lessons throughout the year. Gives you more time to practice on your own in between lessons as well as save a shitload of cash.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where in Ontario do you live and what hill are you planning on spending this money at? You are almost definately better off grabbing a seasons pass and just getting individual lessons throughout the year. Gives you more time to practice on your own in between lessons as well as save a shitload of cash.
camp is at MSLM, but i think its held by a 3rd party called simple snowboarding. checked out their videos and seem like the coaches know what they're doing, no double corks or anything like that but some team members doing switch 9s, bs rodeo 5s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts