Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some riders perspectives on the two boards. I've abandoned my flight attendant ideas and narrowed it down to one of there two. Reviews all seem great on both, so I'm looking for anyone who rides either and what you do with them? Also negative sides, this will be my front line board with only an academy Chad O as my back up. I'll be riding Midwest and Mt.Bohimia like 75+ of the time with trips to Utah and Vermont a couple times a year. Love powder, groomers trees, and a fun board for little jumps and butters and like 10% switch riding. 6' 200 size 11.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
I'd say Pig. The Lumberjack was designed way more with soft snow in mind and specifically log jibbing.

I have a Pig, there really isn't anything I wouldn't ride on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say Pig. The Lumberjack was designed way more with soft snow in mind and specifically log jibbing.

I have a Pig, there really isn't anything I wouldn't ride on it.
Nice man. Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind,. Where to you ride? Have you had the pig in DEEP powder? Also your size and what size pig... As weird as that sounds....

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
I mean I haven't had it in like 4ft or Japan level deep, but I've ridden some good snow on it. It was solid. Enough so that I'll be bringing mine out this year too.

I'm 160lbs geared up and I'm on the Small. You could ride either the Small or the Large, Small will be more playful, the Large more stable and better in deep snow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean I haven't had it in like 4ft or Japan level deep, but I've ridden some good snowboard on it. It was solid. Enough so that I'll be bringing mine out this year too.

I'm 160lbs geared up and I'm on the Small. You could ride either the Small or the Large, Small will be more playful, the Large more stable and better in deep snow.
Thanks again

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Not the Lumberjack. Not for what you're describing. I know there are people out there riding that board virtually everyday, but it's a fun pow/hero snow quiver board IMO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not the Lumberjack. Not for what you're describing. I know there are people out there riding that board virtually everyday, but it's a fun pow/hero snow quiver board IMO.
Thats that same thing I'd be doing with the pig. My everyday board from UP to out west.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Another vote for the Pig. I'm around your height and weight and Large has been my daily driver both Canada and NZ. I rode it 95% of the time this season just been in NZ, which as a quiver guy is rare for me. I've had it steep and deep and it held up fantastically, but is also super fun on more mellow terrain.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another vote for the Pig. I'm around your height and weight and Large has been my daily driver both Canada and NZ. I rode it 95% of the time this season just been in NZ, which as a quiver guy is rare for me. I've had it steep and deep and it held up fantastically, but is also super fun on more mellow terrain.
Hell yeah man. Great info. Thanks! What bindings you running?? I have a newer set of union ST bindings but might switch em out.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
I ride Rodeos on mine. I think it plays better with a little stiffer binding. It's a fairly stiff board torsionally so something with some substance helps you get into it.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Based on specs and your 2 choices, the Pig. It's also the only one I've owned of the two. It's a fun deck and probably perfect for the majority of your riding at your local resorts, but personally I wouldn't want to do any big mountain riding with it. Float is not bad overall but pretty unimpressive compared to other short fats I've owned (i.e. Lib Mayhem Short Fat, Lib Coho, Rome Snurfer, etc...). I didn't find it to be stable enough at high speeds over anything not soft pow or smoothly groomed, or on steeps. It's not something I would ever bother bringing on a trip to the Rockies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Based on specs and your 2 choices, the Pig. It's also the only one I've owned of the two. It's a fun deck and probably perfect for the majority of your riding at your local resorts, but personally I wouldn't want to do any big mountain riding with it. Float is not bad overall but pretty unimpressive compared to other short fats I've owned (i.e. Lib Mayhem Short Fat, Lib Coho, Rome Snurfer, etc...). I didn't find it to be stable enough at high speeds over anything not soft pow or smoothly groomed, or on steeps. It's not something I would ever bother bringing on a trip to the Rockies.
thanks for the info man. If you don't mind, what's your weight and size board? You're one of the first people I've heard say anything other the they love the board for everything.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
thanks for the info man. If you don't mind, what's your weight and size board? You're one of the first people I've heard say anything other the they love the board for everything.
Yeah I know, it's one of the most hyped boards out there. We actually had 2 of them in our collective quiver, and both got sold within a month. It kicks ass in certain conditions, but really sucks for anything steep/deep. It would probably be my daily driver if I lived on the East Coast or if my home mountain was something like Snoqualmie/Skibowl/Mt High.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I know, it's one of the most hyped boards out there. We actually had 2 of them in our collective quiver, and both got sold within a month. It kicks ass in certain conditions, but really sucks for anything steep/deep. It would probably be my daily driver if I lived on the East Coast or if my home mountain was something like Snoqualmie/Skibowl/Mt High.
Cool, I am definitely not a steep hard charger kind of guy. But I will be in some places with pow up to 4 feet.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
I really want to hop on a Warpig but haven't had a chance. You don't want a Lumberjack to ride everyday in Michigan. Not IMO.
I own an LJ and live in Michigan, can attest to this. It's not that you *can't* ride it every day here, I just don't *want* to. I break out the Lumberjack if the snow is good, otherwise it's usually taking a back seat to my IPP Harrow. But, I ride a fair amount of park and though the LJ is capable there, I just personally don't like wide boards in the park. And I prefer camber for park riding, also.

I wouldn't want to ride tracked out and/or icy, windswept Bohemia on the Lumberjack. Deep Bohemia is a different story.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts