Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good wax brands to use ? I feel like when I buy like a cheap wax from sports authority or a chain like that I feel the wax just wipes away fast n I'mtalking about hot waxing not no bs rub on paste wax for sintered bases ...am I an Asshole for thinking this and its all in my head or I's there better wax company's that make wax that hold better and don't wipe off after a few runs ? Like oneballJ bkuebird etc etc

·
Registered
125 Posts
BlueBird all-temp... I usually just put in a large order on their online store since it is hit or miss finding it in most stores out West, and hardly ever see it in a brick 'n mortar store in the Northeast.

BLUEBIRD ⌘ wax and snowboards and movies

Also, Swix wax is good of course as well, and much easier to locate, but I use bluebird past couple seasons. Just a personal preference, but others on here might steer you better.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've tried Oneballjay all temp, Bluebird cold and all temp, Hertels Hotsauce and Swix all temp. They all work fine, no hugely discernible difference between any of them. Bluebird makes my base smell like skittles though so, umm... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Dominator Universal. :thumbsup:

Really easy to use, works well under a wide temp range as a universal wax should. Also easy to mix in Dominator Bullet Cold when the temperature dives.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've used various temp waxes from OneBallJay and found them all to be very good. I've also used the fluorinated and hydrocarbon waxes from Swix and really like the fluorinated waxes better but they're more expensive.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
I've tried Oneballjay all temp, Bluebird cold and all temp, Hertels Hotsauce and Swix all temp.
Honestly, this. I just buy whatever I can get cheap. All temp and cold weather. Wax accordingly based on weather.

Adding mummified unicorn penis powder or whatever to the wax may make the difference in a race where tenths or hundredths of a second matter, but you're not gonna notice it just out there cruising the hill. Doing a good scrape job will do you a lot more good than using absurdly expensive wax. And waxing often as you'll be more apt to do with cheaper wax will do you more good than going longer between waxes because your wax is outrageous.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hertel wax hot sauce for everyday and crap snow.

Hertel FC739 for fresh snow, powderdays and good conditions.

The 3/4 brick option is the best value.

1st coat on new board , drip on. every other time crayon on and go over with iron..

The wax Usually last the whole 3 days on natural conditions.

You can actually feel the wax from first to last run.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Holmenkol. Some tech I met for US Snowboarding recommended it years ago. I haven't found anything better. Order direct.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Lets see the testing/tests!

I used hertel hot sauce.

Best Tested: Hertel was the #1 Wax tested.

Better: Toko, Solda, Swix tested well.

Average: Purl, OneBall Jay, and BlueBird. Tested others not worth mentioning

Hertel was used as the standard in developing SnowDogWax with "SlipFusion".

Five lab test where conducted before hitting slopes.

Test conducted in lab resulted in same positive results on the slopes.

Before developing SnowDogWax with "SlipFusion"!

Hertel is a good wax. Good choice.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ride 3-5 days a week. I used to use the big toko bars that you can get from shops that were $10 each. The board always dried out after day 2-3. I started using swix cold wax, the green stuff that is the coldest rating. It's a really hard wax, sucks to scrape but I find it lasts MUCH longer and it seems to ride just as fast in warmer snow.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts