Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tell me if I'm good to go with this, I got a cloths iron, a scraper and a bar of wax, and I am going to use goo gone to prep before the waxing although I still need a brush to brush the patter after I scrape the wax I believe so I do have scotch write but would a actual brush be better? And if so can I just get any brush from Home Depot that has nylon bristles? Thanks bros

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
All you need is brillow pads to buff after scraping. And instead of putting goo gone on your base, do a hot scrape instead. Wax and scrape while it's still warm. Then wax and let the wax cool then scrape again. A nylon brush could be useful but not necessary, just the green brillow/scouring pad and she'll shine right up for ya.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
So tell me if I'm good to go with this, I got a cloths iron, a scraper and a bar of wax, and I am going to use goo gone to prep before the waxing although I still need a brush to brush the patter after I scrape the wax I believe so I do have scotch write but would a actual brush be better? And if so can I just get any brush from Home Depot that has nylon bristles? Thanks bros
I literally never brush. Did so a bit when I was waxing at a shop but then stopped there even. Dont worry about the cosmetics of your wax job, unless you're racing you're overthinking it. And unless you ride all the time you won't even notice the difference between a great wax and a good wax.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, if you wanna do it by the so called book you have to use a soft metal brush ( copper or steel) before waxing, a nylon brush after scraping and a horse hair brush for final touches and polishing. But the scotch brite pads after scraping should be enough for us mere mortals

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yeah removing wax with a cleaner is not necessary. Everyone says that scrub pads are just as good as a brush for polishing. But I find that the brush sits in my hand better. To each his own. I’ll take a nylon brush.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get a real citrus based cleaner, swix makes a good one, it’s not cheap. Use base cleaner for best results, it will remove all contaminants that will keep the new wax from properly adhering. Make sure your board is at room temperature before you wax it. Scrape until you don’t see anymore excess wax coming off. Order a good nylon finishing brush from amazon. A brush will give a better finish because it will open up the texture in your base. Don’t use anything from Home Depot. Then if you’re anal final polish with a scotch pad. Don’t half ass the wax job. It doesn’t take much more effort to do it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do not use solvents on your snowboard base!

Keep the wax in your base.

Do a hot scrape, using any soft wax, to remove dirt from your base.

Scotchbrite pads are great for polishing your post-scraped base but do not remove wax from the base's structure. Brushing accomplishes this.

1. Hot scrape
2. Wax
3. Scrape
4. Brush
5. Scotchbrite

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Do not use solvents on your snowboard base!

Keep the wax in your base.

Do a hot scrape, using any soft wax, to remove dirt from your base.

Scotchbrite pads are great for polishing your post-scraped base but do not remove wax from the base's structure. Brushing accomplishes this.

1. Hot scrape
2. Wax
3. Scrape
4. Brush
5. Scotchbrite
I can only do this to every board once a year. Then a basic wax when needed.

·
Super Moderator
6,284 Posts
The first time I saw this title in the new posts, I missed the 'R'. Now I can't un-see it. o_O

1 - 11 of 11 Posts