Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Base clean, hot scrape, or just slap it on and go?

Not sure if the factory wax will interfere with a good wax job? Want to treat my new baby right. It's still in plastic at the moment... :D

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
i didnt bother waxing for its first trip to Blue Mtn, but i may ask my brother for a touch up before Stratton on Sunday..

·
Registered
44 Posts
factory wax, as well as being brutal for slide, is usually applied in quite a thin coat... just wipe er down with some citrus solvent and wax er up with some good stuff

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Not sure if the factory wax will interfere with a good wax job? Want to treat my new baby right. It's still in plastic at the moment... :D

Thoughts?

Go over it. Or hot scrape it...All depends how much you enjoy the ritual. :)

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm thinking base cleaner then wax... Gonna go wax it up and slap my Formulas on it tonight. STOKED! :D

factory wax, as well as being brutal for slide, is usually applied in quite a thin coat... just wipe er down with some citrus solvent and wax er up with some good stuff

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
NS uses Saucer Wax which is actually pretty good stuff.

I wouldn't bother with base cleaner since it isn't dirty. Just wax and go....or just go and wax later

·
Registered
89 Posts
I left the factory wax on for the first day and the board felt sticky not even halfway through the day. Just wanted to see if the rumors were true and they are. Factory wax is good for maybe the first few runs.

·
Registered
898 Posts

Thoughts?
hot scrape will clean your base, while adding wax.

then

add hot wax of your choice

then wax often.... and hot scrape when necessary

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I still haven't waxed either of my NS boards. Maybe I should, but, eh, the factory wax is fine so far. And no, I don't feel slow on the factory wax. In fact, my friends have a hard time keeping up with me if I point it. Also, I haveridden on some craptacular snow and the factory wax is holding up fine and I can still see the base structure. To each their own though. Either way, have fun riding your new toy! :D

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's cooling right now... Waiting to scrape. After I peeled all the stickers it looked pretty dry and sticky under them. So, I gave it a quick wipe with some citrus base cleaner and waxed 'er up.

I'll probably just hot scrape and wax from now on to work on saturating the base... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
It's cooling right now... Waiting to scrape. After I peeled all the stickers it looked pretty dry and sticky under them. So, I gave it a quick wipe with some citrus base cleaner and waxed 'er up.

I'll probably just hot scrape and wax from now on to work on saturating the base... :thumbsup:
Bases do not saturate. And hot scraping pulls off most of the stuff on the base (wax, dirt, etc.) - so even bases could saturate, hot scraping would keep it from happening...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts