Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got halfway thru and had to stop and post it!

Remember that feeling of "wanting to be a black belt" you got when you watched Daniel Larusso and Mr. Miyagi in Karate Kid!

I'm 35 and this movie has rekindled that feeling! Awesome!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was amazing to learn the history of the sport I have fallen in live with.

"Snowboarding will change your life, if you let it"

R.I.P. - Craig Kelly

:thumbsup: - Kevin Pearce

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for sharing man, definitely pretty interesting watch, get a good glimpse of what happened before I was even around.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought it was cool how my view of snowboarding as snow surfing coincides with the origins of snowboarding. I mean, the similarities are pretty obvious, but the *spirit* of surfing was there, not just skateboarding.

Not that I surf, but I would if I lived near a place where the surf was good. Don't skateboard either because I've always seen the consequences of falling as rather... harsh. For some reason I took to rollerblading.

Snowboarding is a perfect combination of risk/reward for me.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I just kinda skimmed through parts briefly, but I can't wait to watch it beginning to end. I love to see old-time snowboard footage and how things used to be "back in the day". Thx for the post :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Wow, thanks for posting that. Only watched the first ten minutes but can't wait to get home from work and watch the rest.

West Michigan (Muskegon) in the house, represent!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Snowboarding is a perfect combination of risk/reward for me.
The more I snowboard, the more I think skateboarders are crazy. Respect to their risks, now a girl is impressed.:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
wow thanks man

it's amazing skiiers pushed us surfers away from the resorts at the beginning of time

·
Rides Caturdayz
538 Posts
Every time I see a Craig Kelly video it just seems like he's having the most fun of any pro riders. Riding for the sake of riding. R.I.P

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great video, thanks for the link. I actually started boarding back in 1988 if you can believe that. All those guys in the videos, Kelly, Palmer, etc. were the pros I read about in magazines and looked up to. Some kid in the video actually had the first board I ever owned....a Look Lamar pro model. It was the ugliest board I've ever seen but it worked great at the time. I also road the Burton Air for a couple years. Pretty funny to see all the Kemper, Sims, morrow, etc. boards that are either gone or considered junk these days. Those were legit boards back in the day. Anyway, brings back a bunch of memories from when they didn't even have park features and Skiers outnumbered boarders 50 to 1.

·
Registered
382 Posts
hey hey that kid on the 49:20 is he in jail, he's riding on a cop car hahaaha :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yeah the kid's still in jail, but by now he isn't a kid anymore.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts