Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got convinced into buying some thermal compression leggings just wondering if anyone knows if you can wear impact shorts over the top or if you have done it before? Also they are full length will there be any problems with them going into the boot? I heard they might give blisters.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey I got convinced into buying some thermal compression leggings just wondering if anyone knows if you can wear impact shorts over the top or if you have done it before? Also they are full length will there be any problems with them going into the boot? I heard they might give blisters.
Yeah you can, I wear impact shorts over compression legs all the time. Compression legs are just like normal base layers but tighter.

I've personally never had any problems with blisters and compression legs.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Only time I have heard of blisters from compression pants is when they are too loose, ie, instead of stretching around the calf there is extra material that folds over itself or creases. That can result pressure points and blisters for sure.
Also, there can be little 'welts' where layers (socks, base layer, mid-layer, etc) overlap which can give some people pressure/chafe points.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Lucky you. I have really skinny legs (genetics plus being a runner) and compression pants/base layers that are the right length for me are all loose around my calves. I have tried various approaches (base layer over socks, socks over base layer, etc.) but there is always excess material that has to go somewhere, so it form the folds that hktrdr was talking about.
Only solution that works for me is to roll up the base layer to above the boot cuff.
u must have really skinny sticks for calves...these things are made for forearms...I wear larges or xl...they are made like wetsuit material. They are pretty snug...I wear them over my sb socks cause the seam has some type of glue I'm allergic to...a day or two later it itches a lot and has a red streak where the seam sits...but it doesn't bother me if they are worn over the socks...maybe order a small

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Why do you wear compression leggings? Have you found some way to combine ultramarathoning with snowboarding?

:dunno:

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Why do you wear compression leggings? Have you found some way to combine ultramarathoning with snowboarding?

:dunno:
I certainly have more "leg" when wearing them. i.e., less fatigue, more endurance, less recovery time and maybe even better performance. Last year noted in some ways was over doing it to the point of some muscle and tendon strain at the end of the day. But that was perhaps a combination of the compression sleeves, the ibuprofen (not feeling the pain) and trying to keep up with the billygoat.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Jesus. Between compression gear and impact gear, some of you fellas must look like stormtroopers coming down the hill.:blink:

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I certainly have more "leg" when wearing them. i.e., less fatigue, more endurance, less recovery time and maybe even better performance. Last year noted in some ways was over doing it to the point of some muscle and tendon strain at the end of the day. But that was perhaps a combination of the compression sleeves, the ibuprofen (not feeling the pain) and trying to keep up with the billygoat.
Well you do go ultra style, I know that!

Find it hard to not giggle a little bit at using them inbounds though. .?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
ya, ya, ya, laugh all you want at the old gezzer who will take almost any advantage he can muster and could give a fuck what others think....and I commando in pink pantz

Somebody's gotta keep the gay in gangster...!
:yahoo:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there,

Compared to brand compression leggings these are really good for the money. I'm a walker and I have a past injury in one knee, and my daughter recommended compression leggings to help hold the knee in place. I was a bit hesitant at buying these, but to be honest, for my needs they work just as well. Very comfy, good fit - though not quite as firm as the brand names, wash well (in a lingerie bag) and have held their shape well. I would recommend to recreational walkers or runners.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I thought compression tights were a gimmick until I tried them and now I recommend them to anybody hitting the slopes. I find I can ride longer and recover quicker with them on. I don't think you need armour pants after the first few days of learning to ride though personally as you learn to roll pretty quickly. Wrist guards, now that is a different story, sooner or later you will need them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree..
I wear full length compression pants and find them awesome.
Noticed a huge difference when we did day trips and driving home.. if we went really hard driving was terrible but found wearing my compressions driving was fine and leg recovery quicker.. maybe just a placebo effect but I wouldn't go without them now..
I also have 3/4 icebreaker leggings I will wear over my compressions for cold days.
I'm sure layering with impact shorts would be fine

1 - 20 of 20 Posts