Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Website for finding and locating boards

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Bones 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

Just posting to see whether anyone in the snow board community would find a website that enables people to find the ideal board, boot and binding set-up with the easy use of a few filter a useful tool

you could choose 4 options (board, boot , binding or complete package) then pick the options suitable to yourself to find what brands have the products you need

and also having an option for more experienced riders who know what they want, to just choose a brand and then it located stores around you who stock those brands.

any thoughts if it would be useful in this industry any feedback would be rad

cheers

#6 ·
its not possible... as BA said they would put you on a board that doesnt fit you at all. I would be on like a 168 if that were the case... I currently ride a 162, and can ride a 158 if i pushed it.

Snowboarding is 100% personal preference... there is no way to generalize it to make the perfect combination... finding the perfect setup takes time, research, demoing, and experience. Most newer snowboarders can't tell the difference in all the new technology from the old... Why do you think the LTRs are all like 10 years old...

#8 ·
Sweet thanks guys, yeah I totally understand that you can't find a "perfect " board

There would be results of various boards and sizes used for different terrains

And it's more about about locating where a beginner and intermediate rider can find there boards, and to help them get an understanding of what's needed in a board

Cheers for the feedback

#9 ·
Well.....considering that large snowboard retailers can't create a decent size chart for each board because of all the variables, that there is no industry standard flex rating, that different names and claims are used and made by every manufacturer for every piece of technology, I'd say that you don't have a hope in creating something useful.

And if you go by manufacturers' descriptions, then every board is perfect for every rider in all conditions:blink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.