Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I'm starting to look into pre-ordering a new board for the upcoming winter season. For the 20/21 season I had a 154cm bataleon fun kink. I really enjoyed the board and liked how flexible it was - although I could go a little stiffer. The Fun Kink was well.. fun. It carved okay but I found the flexibility got in the way of carving deep and I also felt that my body absorbed more of the impact than the board when doing cliff drops higher than 2m/7 feet. I enjoyed the length of the board, however I think I could go shorter as I find it a little more playful and easier to whip it around etc.

I'll pop my stats below:

Height: 176cm / 5'9
Weight: 66kg / 145lb
Skill level: 140 days total from the last 2 winter seasons. Enjoy doing cliff drops, can ride switch fairly well and can do most intermediate tricks like 360's etc.

I've got my eye on the 21/22 Salomon Dancehaul 147cm. I wish I demo'd it last season but I just didn't get around to it. What I enjoy most is tree runs and cliff drops & side hits. I also don't mind occasionally carving up a groomer but prefer off piste. I live in Kelowna and can have powder days upwards of 1 feet so I'm just wondering how this board would go on those heavy powder days. I think the width and nose would assist greatly but just wondering others opinions as well.

If anyone can give their opinion or recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'd go for it. I saw lots of people riding the dancehaul last year at Big White (I'm assuming that's where you're riding), it would match that hill great.

My main boards for that hill are the Warpig/Superpig, kinda seems like they may be similar??

·
Registered
242 Posts
Rental place in big white has a lot of nice options to demo. They could probably already tell you what boards they will have available to rent/demo for the coming season if they have their shit together. I've not ridden the dance haul so I couldn't comment on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts