Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am a beginner, i just got my new board and binding from backcountry.
I found that the board creaks and the noise is quite loud when i put pressure on my right foot....
I wonder if that is normal?

I tried to take off the binding and install them again, but still the same....

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
What you want to do is run your hand up and down the edges. If you end up with any life threatening itches, that board is leaking fiberglass and you are FUCKED!!!!

·
Registered
12,613 Posts
It's your fiberglass breaking in. You should return it to Backcountry tell them to get fucked for selling you a faulty snowboard that wasn't broken in and then promptly walk down to your local snowboard shop and buy a board there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's your fiberglass breaking in. You should return it to Backcountry tell them to get fucked for selling you a faulty snowboard that wasn't broken in and then promptly walk down to your local snowboard shop and buy a board there.
Is this actually an issue? What is the repercussions of a board that isn't broken in?

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
Is this actually an issue? What is the repercussions of a board that isn't broken in?

FACE PALM!
picard.jpg

No! Wait,.. Double THAT!!!!
2fabdf09a6461f1eeef413527e0c62f6.jpeg

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is it the board making the noise or is it your boots and/or bindings? If it's the latter then it is completely normal. If it is the former... I got nothing for you.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
Yeah I asked for that! Lol

Instead of a double handy will a trombone suffice?
I'm disapointed!! :( I was hoping things would degenerate to the point of necessitating Yoga Pants, Breetches, and Underboob posts!! ;)
:D :laugh:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Turn your headphones up and that should take care of the noise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts