Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm already trying to schedule my trips for the next season and was thinking of an early season trip out to the West Coast of Canada (from Toronto).

When does the season start/mountains open on the West Coast of Canada (Whistler/Big White/Revelstoke in BC) or even Banff in Alberta??

I was thinking Late November or Early December? Will there be snow worth making the trip??

Thanks for your input

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
For the last couple years, the first resorts to open have been Nakiska and Norquay, but you probably don't want to make a trip for them.

Just looking back at my pics from this year, had a great day at Lake Louise near the end of Nov (first big powder dump of the year), and by mid-Dec we were enjoying the dumps all over.

I'd say early December is pretty safe to plan a Banff trip. If you get the "big 3" passes you can go where the snow is. Sunshine, Norquay or Lake Louise. Shuttles buses for all are available, so the people that come on your trips all don't have to go to the same mountain.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Biggy and Revy usually near the end of Nov but have opened on the 15th if the snow is there. But honestly it doesn't get good till around x-mas. Whistler is about the same but it is obviously better if you stick to the peak chairs and don't go all the way down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts