Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Right on, I think I'm going to head up on Monday or Tuesday for my first day. I'll make sure to bring the rock board. Was it pretty busy with American Thanksgiving?
The overall mountain was not busy at all. Practically no lineups and plenty of parking everywhere. BUT the runs are crowded (because there's only a handful of runs open)... mostly with very beginning beginners. I rode Whistler side, maybe Blackcomb was better...

No real need for a rock board, unless you want to venture and explore, which is not very wise anyways because there is VERY little cover. So for the most part, just stay on the groomed runs and there's sufficient cover there to not need a rock board.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went up today and sounds like pretty similar conditions. Before 10am runs were pretty open but after that it was a lot of dodging. Didn't hit a single line all day. Didn't even have a fully loaded chair all day, I could get use to that haha. The open runs between the ropes is well filled in but I went for a few ventures despite the low tide. Hiked the harmony bowl which was great for the top but the ride out and one little Traverse area chewed my board pretty good. Felt it the rest of the day... I'd recommend waiting a little longer for that area unless you're okay with chewing your rock board up haha. Blackcomb was less busy but still lots to dodge. Snowing lightly in the village at the moment so maybe we'll get a little refresh for tomorrow. Feels good to be back!

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Right on, I think I'm going to head up on Monday or Tuesday for my first day. I'll make sure to bring the rock board. Was it pretty busy with American Thanksgiving?
The overall mountain was not busy at all. Practically no lineups and plenty of parking everywhere. BUT the runs are crowded (because there's only a handful of runs open)... mostly with very beginning beginners. I rode Whistler side, maybe Blackcomb was better...

No real need for a rock board, unless you want to venture and explore, which is not very wise anyways because there is VERY little cover. So for the most part, just stay on the groomed runs and there's sufficient cover there to not need a rock board.
I went up today and sounds like pretty similar conditions. Before 10am runs were pretty open but after that it was a lot of dodging. Didn't hit a single line all day. Didn't even have a fully loaded chair all day, I could get use to that haha. The open runs between the ropes is well filled in but I went for a few ventures despite the low tide. Hiked the harmony bowl which was great for the top but the ride out and one little Traverse area chewed my board pretty good. Felt it the rest of the day... I'd recommend waiting a little longer for that area unless you're okay with chewing your rock board up haha. Blackcomb was less busy but still lots to dodge. Snowing lightly in the village at the moment so maybe we'll get a little refresh for tomorrow. Feels good to be back!
Ouch. Yeah everything mid mountain with no man-made snow is skull and bones.

I went Sunday again and it was the same; zero crowds but crowded runs. Not bad either way. Good time to get the legs back...

Lots of snow on the way this week though, so hopefully things fill up a bit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the updates everybody. I’m headed up that way this weekend and will be praying for lots of snow.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts