Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Western Canada / Pacific Southwest - 2019/2020 Season

6295 Views 70 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Donutz
Is it too early? Am I allowed to start these?

Been having dreams of snow lately. Apparently Rossland BC snowed 3 overnight in the past week. Whistler/Blackcomb has snowed at peak.

Epic Pass price got jacked up to $939 USD, unfortunately. Still bit the bullet.
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

· Registered
6,187 Posts
Has anyone been up this weekend? Mostly skiied out hard pack or is there still some stashes to be found? I haven't been up in a while so I'm out of the loop.
I went on Sat. There were some leftovers. Nothing outstanding, but also it wasn't bad. There was enough fresh left to have some fun... zero lift lines too.

Rode Seymour today with my kiddos. Similar case, some leftovers here and there but fun and not too crowded.

I'll wait until new snow falls. Or if not, hopefully it's sunny and I'll go with the kids...

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Anyone riding Whistler this week? Has been ok conditions the last two days but wed and Thurs look promising, got both my k2's ready to go, will probably be doing fresh tracks Thursday

· Registered
6,187 Posts
Anyone riding Whistler this week? Has been ok conditions the last two days but wed and Thurs look promising, got both my k2's ready to go, will probably be doing fresh tracks Thursday View attachment 153078
Wed, Thu and Fri all look like good days. Thu looks like they might not open much in the alpine, but... there's always surprises.

I think I'm going Fri, dropping my kid off at Blackomb base for a day w his school. But whether I go depends on if get rid of this damn cold.... been in bed for 2 days already so I should be back to life by Thu. I'll know by Thursday if I can make it, i'll send you a PM if I'm going...

· Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,913 Posts
Well, Vail has closed all their resorts for 7 days, including Whistler, due to the coronavirus. One positive is that there's no real snow predicted for the next week, so we're not missing much, I guess.

· Registered
46 Posts
Well, Vail has closed all their resorts for 7 days, including Whistler, due to the coronavirus. One positive is that there's no real snow predicted for the next week, so we're not missing much, I guess.
Yeah, I was debating Sunday - Tuesday but I guess I'll be staying home. I was sad to see WSSF is canceled though I'm not surprised. I was looking forward to my first race on the Sudan to make up for not making it past the waitlist on the FWQ once this year... :rolleyes: The baked salmon banked slalom would have been a fun one too. Oh well, what can you do. I guess kiteboard season is starting early this year

7,913 Posts
And this morning Cypress announced it was closing until further notice. Seymour is still open so far, but the webcams show it being a ghost town. I'm not sure how long they can hold out, never mind issues of coronavirus.

I think it may be time to break out the MTB gear. Good thing I got the bike tuned early.

Edit: I may have overstated the Seymour thing. There are people, just not the insane crowds you normally get on weekends.

7,913 Posts
And now Whistler has made it 'permanent', i.e. the rest of the season. No surprise, really. Once they closed it and staff started going home, there was no hope, even ignoring the progress of the pandemic.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.