Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Has anyone ridden both the evo and westmark? I currently have the westmark and love the ride, although it could use a little more pop. I was thinking maybe the evo to replace it. Is one softer than the other, because i would ideally like to find a flex like the westmark with more pop but I understand that I'll have to probably go a little stiffer for more pop... Any suggestions? If there are other boards I should look into let me know as well, I'm not stuck on one brand.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i only rode the evo once as opposed to 2 seasons on the westmark, but i don't think it's anywhere near as stiff.

look at the rome mod rocker. i've ridden that for a season and it feels about the same stiffness as the westmark; maybe a little stiffer, if anything. but it's got way more pop on it.

yes greats is supposedly a great board too. good luck!

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
A Westmark without altered flex and more pop sounds to me like a Salomon Villain. I'd rather have that over an Evo too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Westmark without altered flex and more pop sounds to me like a Salomon Villain. I'd rather have that over an Evo too.
I've never ridden Solomon but the villain shows as a jib board? But you say it's about the same flex as the westmark with more pop? I'm just clarifying because I do ride all mountain as well and get powder in on occasion. Will the villain be ok in those areas as well? I have a NS SL as we'll but when I fly I don't like bringing multiple boards so it's nice to have something that could handle most conditions and the westmark was solid in that regard...:dunno:

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Not much pop in the evo.

A little skate pop.

Spaghetti pop.

Maybe a tiny bit of K-pop.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yes the greats, rome mod rocker or echelon orion also would fit the bill, the villain may come up as a jib board but from what BA says it is more all mtn park board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts