Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started snowboarding last week. I bought the season pass for Big Bear, i already went twice this week and I love it, so I plan on going more often. I have an old, beat up, Ride snowboard with old Vision bindings, bought it all for $30. The bindings have no high backs because they’re broken, and the snowboard is very stiff and has a lot of scratches and dents. I have some old burton boots. I wanna get a better snowboard and bindings, but don’t wanna spend too much money. I’m 5’5 and weigh about 130 pounds. Boot size is 8.5 or 9, male. What kind of snowboards should I look at?
I wanna spend less than $200, maybe $150. OfferUp always has boards w/ bindings for like $100 or $150 but I just don’t know which ones are good.

·
Registered
Custom Camber 158, Skeleton Key 158, Blur 159, National 156, Stale Fish 153, Alpha 158 - 8 Photon SO
391 Posts
A used one! Maybe anything with a rocker or flat profile. Just make sure it fits your weight range.

Just look up the model for the boards you find on offer up and see what kind of skill level they are designed for.

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Post up a few of the options you were looking at. Used local market is where you'll find something in your price range, aim for high 140s low 150s boards. Boot size? Male or female?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Great to hear that you are "hooked" You simply need to "hunt" as suggested above and you will score a decent used setup. Word of advice; as you get more intense in your desire to upgrade your equipment, make your boots your # 1 priority. Spend a little more and make sure that they fit. Find the boot fitting thread here on the forum and do your homework. Your experience will be so much better for it.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I support @Oldman here. Boots are number one. Your current boots could be good if they fit properly. The chances of that are pretty low unfortunately.

Find the boot fitting thread here on the forum and do your homework. Your experience will be so much better for it.
Very much this. ^^^

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the replies. I’ve found a few snowboards so far:
GNU Carbon Credit Series no bindings, maybe 2010-2015, for $90
I found a Liquid Elixir w/ bindings for $100, but then read on google that it’s not a good snowboard
Morrow Mantra with bindings for $130. The board looks in really good shape. I looked it up and it says that the board is women’s though, so i’m not sure if that would make a difference.
Ride Vista with Burton Bindings for $160.
Lamar Blazer with Ride bindings for $160, board looks pretty old though.
My boots fit alright, but yes I plan on getting new boots soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post up a few of the options you were looking at. Used local market is where you'll find something in your price range, aim for high 140s low 150s boards. Boot size? Male or female?
Boot size 9, male. I posted some of the boards i’m looking at right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts