Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really diggin my banana magic alot.. In fact It saw more days last year than my new 2013 t.riceHP . Not that i dont like the t.rice. So anyway i plan to hit a couple demo days this season. What boards got the most buzz last year?
K2 turbo dream sounds like one i want to try.
What else???

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out the GOOD WOOD snowboard reviews...
Ya ive seen those.. Dont know about good wood reviews they seem so corporate:icon_scratch:
Im wondering what the buzz on the street is.. The most talked about boards perhaps

·
Registered
248 Posts
Never Summer is always popular around here and they do make sick boards they also have the best warranty available...
I have demo the 2013 Proto, Cobra & SL all of them fun while the Cobra & SL are just a good all around board the Proto was more park specific...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Im really diggin my banana magic alot.. In fact It saw more days last year than my new 2013 t.riceHP . Not that i dont like the t.rice. So anyway i plan to hit a couple demo days this season. What boards got the most buzz last year?
K2 turbo dream sounds like one i want to try.
What else???
I'd put the new the new lifted flat cambers on the must demo list for this year.

They're basically a variation of camber, but flat in the middle so it supposedly has the power/pop of camber while being that tiny bit forgiving.

See:

From memory, I believe K2 is offering it on some of their boards such as the Happy Hour, Nitro is offering it on their Uber Spoon board and Salomon is doing it on the Villain board.

That's what I'd be demoing this year if you want to check out the new tech.

ps - Don't demo based on the good wood awards.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Lamar offers a limited lifetime warranty on a couple models and then there's K2's Fastplant with its 5 years against core breakage.

Boards that should be on your list: Anything from Yes, Rossi Angus, Jibsaw, RocknRolla, and XV, Signal Freedom Machine and OG Flat, Bataleon Evil Twin, Whatever, and Camel Toe, Salomon Villain, Time Machine, Derby Snake, and Sickstick, K2 Ultra Dream, Subculture, Happy Hour, and Fastplant, some APO's, Marhar's, Flow Era, Shifty, and Blackout, Arbor Wasteland, Wetsmark, Del Rey, and Coda, Nitro UberSpoon, Subzero, Pyro, T 1.5, and Pantera, Burton Juice Wagon, Landlord, Process FV X, Parkitect, Name Dropper, and Trick Pony...

There's a lot of good boards. And I probably missed a bunch.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Check out the GOOD WOOD snowboard reviews...
Ya ive seen those.. Dont know about good wood reviews they seem so corporate:icon_scratch:
Im wondering what the buzz on the street is.. The most talked about boards perhaps
Never Summer is always popular around here and they do make sick boards they also have the best warranty available...
I have demo the 2013 Proto, Cobra & SL all of them fun while the Cobra & SL are just a good all around board the Proto was more park specific...
They do not come much more corporate than NS...

And nivek has already pointed out the warranty bit - but has not mentioned Smokin which also has 3 years plus the Bummer Replacement. Smokin's new Thrash Rocker is basically their version of C3, so that could be worth trying.

·
Banned
257 Posts
personally, i would demo the most radical decks. i would want to feel a definitive difference with every board. radical in a sense of board shape and profiling. personally.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
personally, i would demo the most radical decks. i would want to feel a definitive difference with every board. radical in a sense of board shape and profiling. personally.
This ^^^ makes alot of sense:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I've always wanted to try the Rossi Diva and it looks pretty cool this year... not that I live anywhere by where the do board demos though LOL.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I own a Banana Magic too and love it. Nice to meet'ca! :thumbsup:

I think you should check out the Brando by Lando from Lib Tech. They brought back the tapered Mullet shape. I bought one blindly due to how it felt in the showroom and have had buyers remorse and then alternatively stoked to own it every 15 minutes since leaving the store with it. It looks amazing though. C2BX + taper? Sounds awesome!

All the Smokin' boards look pretty kick ass to me. I'd love to try those.

The Burton Nug despite their binding mounting channel thing look pretty stellar. I would be more interested in the directional "restricted" model I think... but I would love to ride either version.

The Lib Burtner Box Scratcher is supposed to be pretty damn fun like the Nug is and is meant to be downsized. It would be cool to get to compare the two.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I own a Banana Magic too and love it. Nice to meet'ca! :thumbsup:

I think you should check out the Brando by Lando from Lib Tech. They brought back the tapered Mullet shape. I bought one blindly due to how it felt in the showroom and have had buyers remorse and then alternatively stoked to own it every 15 minutes since leaving the store with it. It looks amazing though. C2BX + taper? Sounds awesome!

All the Smokin' boards look pretty kick ass to me. I'd love to try those.

The Burton Nug despite their binding mounting channel thing look pretty stellar. I would be more interested in the directional "restricted" model I think... but I would love to ride either version.

The Lib Burtner Box Scratcher is supposed to be pretty damn fun like the Nug is and is meant to be downsized. It would be cool to get to compare the two.
Want to jump on a Ride Buck Up, Yes Jackpot, K2 Subculture, Lib Tech Hot Knife, Ride Buckwild. Sure more will come to mind.

·
Registered
751 Posts
what's wrong with "their binding mounting channel thing"?

also, the restricted model is the same as the regular model

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
You should probably learn how to ride your own board first. At least understand how your own board works first.

BUt I'd like to ride a Dinosaurs Will Die board, mainly because I never see em/hear anything about them

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wasn't there two Nug models Supra? A directional with camber and then a twin tip with rocker version? I understood the rescricted was the direction camber version but perhaps I misunderstood.

I'm sure the Burton channel system works perfectly fine I just don't feel like changing my setup to accommodate it this year.

·
Registered
751 Posts
two years ago, there was the nug and the directional nug, and the harvest. then last year there was the nug and the root (directional flattop nug) and the harvest. This year there is the nug, [just double checked the catalogue and made a small mistake], and in restricted there is the regular nug (with alternate graphics) and the flying v nug.

as for the channel, as long as you have bindings from the last few years they will work no problem. I hope you're not under the impression that getting a burton board means you have to buy est bindings.
I know in your case it's a moot point but knowledge is power

·
Registered
403 Posts
Shoot what's on my list is what a lot of people mentioned. K2 happy hour, turbo dream and subculture, neversummer proto HD, flow era, drifter, salomon villain, something from lib tech like the TRS or hot knife, and I've always wanted to ride a smokin board.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts