• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Swiss Miss
7,447 Posts

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
are you asking what are we actually afraid of or what is preventing us from progressing?

·
Super Moderator
6,347 Posts
The threat of snow sharks are not publicized enough.
When neni posted that, I didn't realize there was an actual movie about snow sharks... :blink: Whaddaya know? Sharknado isn't the stupidest movie ever made!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine would be nervous, I wanted to go last season but the snow came so late.. this year it should be better.. but being a newbie I feel like I will be sticking out falling so many times.. I want to take lessons for sure.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I only started boarding in Febuary and to start with, my progression was through the roof... Then it happened!

I was learning 180's and it was all going well until I messed up my set-up...
My board ended up in front of me like I was doing 1/4 of a back flip and I landed on the knuckle on my side braking 3 ribs...

Since then, I am having a hellish time to make my 180's and have been pulling out like doing a massive fakie!

It sucks!

That and the Snow Sharks!!! Lol...

·
Registered
170 Posts
what am i afraid of??....

NOT ENOUGH SNOW.

I have nightmares of an arid desert winter and a tumbleweed blows by...
i'm standing there holding my board and a tear drops from my eye like
that old "don't litter" indian commercial.

I swear it's true.

:unsure:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I haven't had a serious wipe out in nearly ten years. So now I'm totally paranoid. Just talking about it makes me feel jinxed. I love to high-speed bomb it downhill...but since my foot surgery, I'm kind of freaked about over-doing it, so I hold back. I am fucking old (54), and one good fall could be the end of my riding. But I still hit up the diamonds at Kirkwood and Jay Peak. I just don't get much air anymore.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Afraid of a skier doing a yard sale in front of me and getting a ski pole to the ass, that should be everyone's fear.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I've already blown my knee and broke a wrist. Neither of them snowboarding, but skateboarding...... so i guess that's where my biggest limitations come from. The fear of re-blowing that knee is what makes me set my own limits.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts