Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nice man! I've got about 60 miles on my XR right now and I love how much it feels like pow turns on paved trails. I'm happy riding and carving pavement right now, but I'm sure I'll take it off road soon. Honestly, it's the best non-snow thing I've ever bought, I love it.
Wait till you start hitting the trails, you will be hooked! Had a local guy cut treads on the stock Vega and holy shit it changed everything, the XR is an off-road beast now, and I'm still at 24psi so it keeps a rounder profile and it turns really well still, but I can also blast gravel roads at 15mph, I've been hitting up forest preserves every day that it's been in the 50's, it's so much fun! IMG_20200424_162238.jpg
IMG_20200421_125709.jpg
IMG_20200421_083231.jpg

·
-Weekend Warrior-
3,523 Posts
Wait till you start hitting the trails, you will be hooked! Had a local guy cut treads on the stock Vega and holy shit it changed everything, the XR is an off-road beast now, and I'm still at 24psi so it keeps a rounder profile and it turns really well still, but I can also blast gravel roads at 15mph, I've been hitting up forest preserves every day that it's been in the 50's, it's so much fun! View attachment 153801
View attachment 153802
View attachment 153803
Hit me with your insta if you have one!

·
Registered
669 Posts
At 54 years old this August I’ll be spending more time on my mtn bikes to lose some of the weight gain from this virus bs, hit the kettlebells 3 days a week and stretch 30 minutes a day

·
Registered
11 Posts
My goal is to actually progress my skills instead of just cruising and goofing off. Never been a park guy, but trying to learn. Definintely need to condition better in the offseason too, stop getting winded.

·
Registered
5 Posts
  • front side 180s and 360s from the toe side (I hate those rotations somehow)
  • cab 540 would be awesome, improve on nollie 360
  • solid backside 360 maybe
(all of these on the slope/sidehits, as I am an absolute pussy when it comes to airtime... actually, i would like to get better at jumping ramps too.)
And then I would like to improve my technique in the regular stuff, become a better teacher to more experienced snowboarders (who annoyingly enough make mistakes that are SO HARD to get out compared to beginners), and pass the remaining stuff of the Landes snowboard.

This will probably be my last full season, so I want to make the most out of it :)

61 - 66 of 66 Posts