Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I’ve just bought my first new board in 14 years with the Capita Outsiders and I’m looking for advice on what bindings to pair with it. I’d say I’m experienced intermediate, I like to hit the park but it’s not often open at the time of year that I go snowboarding so I’m mostly hitting sidehits off the piste and I would also like to be able to handle powder when the time comes.

I’m currently looking at the Union Strata or Force bindings. One of my main goals this season is to learn how to tamedog and wildcat, so the Stratas seem appealing for that but then I’m worried that paired with the Outsiders the board will be too flexy and less capable of handling all mountain. Would getting the Force bindings balance out the more freestyle heavy elements of the Outsiders without compromising too much manoeuvrability? Open to suggestions other than Union as well but don’t want to spend more than £250/$300.
Thanks!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Strata has a mini disk which gives you more lateral play and less of a dead spot under foot. It's more a surfy style.
Force has a regular disk and is stiffer than the Strata. Has a bigger dead spot under foot.

The strata has this rubber base plate which helps dampening any vibrations unlike the force which has a metal base plate.

I would chose the Strata over the force for what you're looking for. Other bindings to consider would be the Union Ultra, Rome Katana, and Burton Malavita.

·
Registered
Full quiver of Capita and Union
16 Posts
I rode Outsiders 3 seasons, but most of the time I was driving "sports", on the edges.
That's why I decided on Ultra bindings (the "old" ones with forged carbon highbacks)

Of the two models you write about, I would choose the Strata. But maybe you should consider Union Atlas? ;)

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Depending on what you're coming from, Strata. If all you've ridden is stiff stuff or more solid frames then keep it rolling with the Force. You'll be fine on either honestly.

Strata has a mini disk which gives you more lateral play and less of a dead spot under foot. It's more a surfy style.
Force has a regular disk and is stiffer than the Strata. Has a bigger dead spot under foot.

The strata has this rubber base plate which helps dampening any vibrations unlike the force which has a metal base plate.

I would chose the Strata over the force for what you're looking for. Other bindings to consider would be the Union Ultra, Rome Katana, and Burton Malavita.
No.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts