Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

What board did you ride today?

3787 Views 82 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  Etienne
Couldn't find a thread like this, so figured I'd start one.

Ride the Niche Pyre with superforces. I love that board.
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
How good is it!
Initial thoughts after two days.

The Surfari is a bomber. You tell it a line and snow gets out of your way. If I had the guts to tell it to plow through a field of crud at 50 it would do it. I was cutting some really nice heel side arcs but barely skidding my toe sides. I tried tucking my back knee for sharper toe side initiation and it tightens the arc considerably, but I am not good at tightening and releasing the arc gracefully, it kinda tightens up all at once. I might need some more muscle too. The 3D nose plowed over everything but otherwise had no effect on turning with no new snow. The most impressive thing about this board is how damp it is without feeling dead. I had a Neversummer Premier back in the late 90s or early 00s that was just as damp, but dead inside. The Surfari with Cleavers doesn’t transmit any chatter back to your feet but still has pop. This combo inspires a lot of confidence. This board is stiff. I do have to work for my turns and it only tried to kill me once riding slow. I could still ride this in any condition and be happy with it.

· Registered
3,652 Posts
Niche wraith 152 for me the last two days out. I'm honestly stoked on it still. I could probably ride it out everyday this season out here if this is the way it's going to be...

I’ve been riding my libtech skate banana with Step ons. For ice coast, magnetraction is a must :|
Sure it's necessary, but mostly if your board is trying to kill you at baseline. Helps reel it in a bit more.

Full disclosure: I have a CRC board with mag for when it's awful outside, but I don't ride it a ton because I find it super grabby in any soft spots.

· Registered
345 Posts
Today I rode both of these, it was my first trip on the Sims Solo and really liked it, it wasn’t the ideal conditions for it (powder) but I wanted to try it out on some fresh snow and groomers. Where it did better than I expected good carver, quick base, responsive and floaty in the powder. The one thing that was tripping me out was the low rise on the tip, which you can see in the pic, then I went back to my old trusty Burton Stungun for some untouched groomers.

Snow Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle

41 - 60 of 83 Posts