Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

· Registered
2,269 Posts
Simple Pleasures, what a fun board. Not really one for bombing but so good through the trees and carving around big old push mounds on chopped up groomers. Finally saw some knee to waist deep powder with it and did have to keep my weight back a bit (at reference) but then at 92kg I am on the heavy side for the 57.

· Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
Sky Snow Cloud Mountain Slope

Amplid Dada - interesting day actually. Board just loves powder, such a dream to ride but I do miss the Surfari on those chopped up lines with heavy crud. Took a days riding on this board to see just how good the Surfari is when getting bucked around - great fun day. 👍

· Registered
323 Posts
View attachment 166383

Amplid Dada - interesting day actually. Board just loves powder, such a dream to ride but I do miss the Surfari on those chopped up lines with heavy crud. Took a days riding on this board to see just how good the Surfari is when getting bucked around - great fun day. 👍
The Surfari is good enough that I'm really struggling to think of a second board to bring with me on trips.

· Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
The Surfari is good enough that I'm really struggling to think of a second board to bring with me on trips.
I rode the Dada today again, it was super deep and good fun but I wish I had the Surfari out there.

I'll ride it tomorrow and probably the next few days, we had a metre of fresh so it's going to love it.
Snow Slope Freezing Geological phenomenon Street light

· Premium Member
494 Posts
Rode my Yes. Standard for the first time.

Great edge hold, handles variable terrain & chop, lively with decent pop, rides switch well, and feels versatile overall.

· Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
Another day on the Surfari, upper buttock has loosened up nicely after hitting a tree day 1 and now is allowing me a little more movement through the hips to fluently carve.

Snow Slope Sports equipment Recreation Freezing

· Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
I rode my OG Amplid Surfari 157. So good on a surprisingly powdery day!
Today was probably the best fun I've had boarding. It's dumping here at Suginohara and the Surfari is so much fun in powder especially when slashing that tail around. I'd really love to try the SG though.

· Registered
409 Posts
Last week with northern Vermont finally getting a string of storms I tried out my Salomon Dancehaul with NOW Drives for the first time. After each storm I was out there for first chair for fresh pow. The first 2 storms dropped about 10 inches of light fluffy pow and the 3rd was 8 inches of very wet heavy snow. The days between storms I rode my Capita Mercury. Very fun board, definitely lived up to my expectations. It wouldn't be my first choice in really deep powder, and it lacked some stability on steeper terrain, but a very fun board.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts