Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, yes im a noob.

Ive read through the forum and see lots of posts like this, so here's another one (apologies).

Im looking for a new outfit this year. Keeping my goggles and Helmet:

Also got myself these snow pants, but dont care if i keep them or not (obviously it'd be cheaper if i did)

Let me know your thoughts on what color jacket + neck warmer/face mask I should get and if i should update my snowpants too.

Cheers :hairy:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Not to be offensive, but outfit coordination is literally the least important thing to worry about.

In fact, nothing screams gaper more than someone decked head to toe in matching gear.

Just buy what is comfy, and functional for your style of riding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to be offensive, but outfit coordination is literally the least important thing to worry about.

In fact, nothing screams gaper more than someone decked head to toe in matching gear.

Just buy what is comfy, and functional for your style of riding.
Well since we have no places open yet here on the east side of canada, theres not much else to worry about :gaah: lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh cmon guys. Of course whatever i buy will be in my price range and comfortable, but Isnt the point of the fashion forum for fashion (ie. aesthetics?)??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well to stay on topic as you wished, let me say this.

Your green goggles dont really match your blue helmet and khaki pants to begin with...

So just get a dark jacket and call it a day. Black, patterened, maybe dark blue or green.

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Well since we have no places open yet here on the east side of canada, theres not much else to worry about :gaah: lol
Sure there is: do some exercise to be fitter when you hit the slopes, yoga? stretching, training... Looking at videos to work your stoke, technique. Look for possible destinations, prices etc. Check your boots, boards, bindings etc to make sure nothing broke in the off-season. Lots of stuff.

For clothing advice... who dressed you when you were growing up? ask them.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Everyone here is just going to say "ride in whatever u want it shouldnt matter etc don b a faget". But I get it - if you're going to spend money doing something that you care about then you may as well look nice doing it.

Love the goggles.. with those and the tan pants you could just wear all dark, earthy, or neutral tones and be golden. But I find it hard to suggest a jacket given that helmet in the mix. Problem is, if you wear a neutral or dark color jacket then your head is going to light up like a gay-pride parade on the 4th of July. And if you try to wear a bright-ish jacket then you have too many different colors clashing and you'll look like a clown drowning in tie-die shirts (and it would look inbalanced with the neutral colored pants).

I'd ditch the helmet since I hate that color personally, but if you REALLY want to keep it then you should ditch the pants. Maybe get pants to match the goggles or helmet color, then just a neutral-toned jacket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Anyways just an update. I ordered this jacket + an orange facemask. Might get new pants as well -- We'll see how it all looks when it gets here.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Play on playa...

It IS in the fashion section of the forum, so you're ok in asking. Don't mind the non contributing comments.

First, I will say that function trumps fashion in this hobby/sport any day. Go with outerwear that will keep you dry and layer for warmth.

That being said....fashion wise...if you bought that jacket, I'd say ditch the pants and go with a black pair since everything else is bright. Earth tone khaki doesn't really mix with the other stuff.

Oh, and have the skill to back the steez so you don't look like a total gape. Have fun.

-J-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Play on playa...

It IS in the fashion section of the forum, so you're ok in asking. Don't mind the non contributing comments.

First, I will say that function trumps fashion in this hobby/sport any day. Go with outerwear that will keep you dry and layer for warmth.

That being said....fashion wise...if you bought that jacket, I'd say ditch the pants and go with a black pair since everything else is bright. Earth tone khaki doesn't really mix with the other stuff.

Oh, and have the skill to back the steez so you don't look like a total gape. Have fun.

-J-
Thanks for the comment. I'm likely going to go with white pants.

I've been boarding since i was in elementary school so i think i'll be fine.

the real question is what kind of beard shape should go with those goggles. definitely balbo

Probably cant get that much facial hair within the next few weeks before i head out to my local hill.

I will definately buy this though ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts