Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the last day of my trip I left the footbeds off my Rome 390 Boss bindings (after waxing the evening before) and only noticed when I got to the lift.

So I adjusted the straps and rode them without, kept my fingers crossed that I hadn't wasted my last morning...

Turns out I actually much preferred the feel!! It felt like they were a lot more responsive if not as cushioned.

Could it be that I just suit more responsive bindings?

This was on my Evo. I also rode a Proto for a few days and the 390 definitely didn't feel quite as responsive as I would have liked on this board.

What are your thoughts please.

·
It ain`t easy being steezy
286 Posts
Depends how you like to ride. For park I like everything real loose, I tighten the toes and lower ankles on my boots, but leave the top laces and bindings loose. Makes it very forgiving when I land in a rut or overshoot the landing and land flat from 20'. For hard charging and carving I lace my boots up tight and tighten the ratchets a couple more teeth on the bindings, but not enough to be uncomfortable. I tried some very stiff setups and it felt great carving, but I really felt every little bump and rut, not sure if I'd still like it after 8 hours of riding.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I should add that I also found a massive improvement by wearing the toe straps over the top rather than cap...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts