Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was just cruising around review videos on YouTube when I stumbled upon a video showcasing some really wild 3D design boards that were supposed to be released for 2021. A few look interesting, and I'd be interested to see how the shapes actually affect the ride.

Link is attached here: Video

·
Registered
521 Posts
Lots of projects would have been scrapped this year when covid shut down the Chinese workforce that produces 99% of snowboarding equipment.
Burton uses Chinese labour, so they will no doubt experience some delays.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
More than likely they just aren't on the site yet. They may have some raw material hold up from China, but the boards themselves are likely either Austria or Craig's for those shapes.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Most of the manufacturing delays actually affected summer production ie wakeboarding gear and the like. Most factories reopened in time for the start of winter production with little backup. Any loss of production, reduction in lines, etc is largely due to lost revenue from last season, fear of overproduction with not knowing what to expect from this upcoming season and less front of house workers stateside. Manufacturing itself shouldn't be a major concern for this years product.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I’ve heard from many shop owners business is up YOY for beginning of season sales. I have a feeling a lot of stuff is going to sell out very quickly

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I’ve heard from many shop owners business is up YOY for beginning of season sales. I have a feeling a lot of stuff is going to sell out very quickly
It is, by a LOT. I've covered it a lot on the forum. Season pass sales are up over 20%, gear sales are up a little more than that. Demand is insane right now, if you want gear buy it fast and early. Lots of well off families have a lot more money this year than they did last and an insane pent up demand.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
I need to stay up to date more when my first thought was "But they haven't used 3D mounting outside of their rentals line for years"

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Think they were making those 3d boards at SWS, but Burton usually releases something near december too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven’t they released their 2021 lineup? What 3D boards are you referring to?
They have released their 2021 lineup, that's why I was confused. Check out the Youtube video in my original comment. They look pretty cool.

·
Registered
135 Posts
More than likely they just aren't on the site yet. They may have some raw material hold up from China, but the boards themselves are likely either Austria or Craig's for those shapes.
Yes, the boards are made in Austria.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I do stand up jet skis in the summer, the whole jet ski market was/is completely insane. Everything sells out right away, prices are massively inflated. A trailer that used to sell for $300 two years ago now is going for $700+. Aftermarket performance parts are almost impossible to find, and if you do find one you'll pay for it. Used jet skis are the same. Jet skis I bought years ago are selling for more than I paid, sometimes twice as much!

People are not spending money on traveling, eating out, etc. They are spending it on fun. Local hills are probably going to be slammed this year and getting gear is probably going to be a nightmare. I don't think there's going to be any good end of year sales this year, and I think finding stuff is not going to be easy. I would get stuff early because there's going to be a lot of people who buy ski and snowboarding stuff and have never done it before. There's a lot more demand for these types of hobbies now, even if they are making the same amount of gear they did last year. Jet skis, boats, sailing, all those summer activities and hobbies have been completely unreal, I've never seen them like this before. Once we get out first big snowfall a bunch of first timers and people who have barely done the sport and going to rush out and buy everything.

Resorts you have to travel to and book a hotel room are probably not going to do so well.

1 - 19 of 18 Posts