Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Burton Superhero and I absolutely love it, so i was wondering why raduction was only a thing for a few years. My buddy told me his favorite board for woods riding in vermont was a 2013 burton superhero so when i saw one i had to get it, and now i see why he loves it. I know the Burton Nug was really short, one was supposed to go down like 10cm from their normal board length, but the superhero is only supposed to be 4 or 5cm shorter. The flat top, scoops in the tip and tail and obviously the length make it crazy maneuverable. Just wondering if anybody knows what happened, seems like people were skeptical when it came out but there's a lot of people online (from 2013) that love there raduction boards. I just wish i could buy a new board that's made to be ridden short. Also if anyone knows about other brands doing something similar let me know

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I just picked up a Burton Superhero and I absolutely love it, so i was wondering why raduction was only a thing for a few years. My buddy told me his favorite board for woods riding in vermont was a 2013 burton superhero so when i saw one i had to get it, and now i see why he loves it. I know the Burton Nug was really short, one was supposed to go down like 10cm from their normal board length, but the superhero is only supposed to be 4 or 5cm shorter. The flat top, scoops in the tip and tail and obviously the length make it crazy maneuverable. Just wondering if anybody knows what happened, seems like people were skeptical when it came out but there's a lot of people online (from 2013) that love there raduction boards. I just wish i could buy a new board that's made to be ridden short. Also if anyone knows about other brands doing something similar let me know
This is a troll post right? Boards designed to be ridden shorter than you'd normally ride have literally exploded in popularity over the last last few years.

These are proper snowboards though, rather than novelty boards like the Nug. A lot of them are seen as 'party boards' but they go all the way from freestyle to freeride to carvers to pow boards and any combination of above.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
well the fish is still nuggy i guess, and there’s a little raduction in lot of the boards these days, its just that burtons name for it didnt catch on, long with alot of others that tried to claim it, but its just too general

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No not trolling, just don't really keep up with what boards have what tech. I'm wondering what boards are made to be ridden shorter these days, that would be good in powder, and isnt directional. I've heard that the fish is similar but it's directional. I get that 'nug raduction' was gimicky but i love my superhero and wouldn't know where to find something similar if i got a new board for next season. I'm a burton fanboy but if one of the many other great brands has something like the superhero i'd buy it. The combo of raduction, flat top, and scoopy twin tip and tail is just perfect for how i ride

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Short Fats have caught on massively. Short fat twins did not. It’s a lot harder to make the short fat thing work on a twin.

Closest thing out there to what you’re looking for in the Nug is the Marhar Lumberjack.

There are some similar to your Superhero though. IMO the best being the K2 Bottle Rocket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.