Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Seems like most of those types of "snowboarding companies" basically try putting new topsheets on old technology and selling their "lifestyle brand". It almost never works and for good reason.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like most of those types of "snowboarding companies" basically try putting new topsheets on old technology and selling their "lifestyle brand". It almost never works and for good reason.
interesting. i didn't really realize it was as nefarious as that. i thought people seemed to like them when they were around.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
interesting. i didn't really realize it was as nefarious as that. i thought people seemed to like them when they were around.
If a model from Status is 200 bucks cheaper than the model that it's based off of from Never Summer wouldn't you like it more too?

I think a lot of people would be surprised at how many boards are exactly the same, come out of the exact same factories, and yet have varying prices.

I've ridden boards that are the exact same specs from big and small companies. They ride exactly the same and yet there's a $150 price difference.

As a friend that runs a factory and is a board designer said, "there's a lot of people that want to own a company, but don't know shit about shapes, don't ride their own shapes, and just say 'make it like this brands', which is really sad".

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If a model from Status is 200 bucks cheaper than the model that it's based off of from Never Summer wouldn't you like it more too?

I think a lot of people would be surprised at how many boards are exactly the same, come out of the exact same factories, and yet have varying prices.

I've ridden boards that are the exact same specs from big and small companies. They ride exactly the same and yet there's a $150 price difference.

As a friend that runs a factory and is a board designer said, "there's a lot of people that want to own a company, but don't know shit about shapes, don't ride their own shapes, and just say 'make it like this brands', which is really sad".
of course, that's what piqued my interest (NS rider here)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I have one Status Focus 158, bought it two years ago for $118.00 cannot beat the price. It was the closes NS board i could own. Love the board and how it rides, though i demo'ed newer NS boards last season(Ripsaw,Chairman, Proto HD) and really felt what i was missing on my Status but it's just not within my budget. I bought me a Rossi board to replace it, my Status will be my loaner /rock board now.

·
Registered
548 Posts
high society had a demo sale for decks like 175 couple of months ago. They also have them on Clymb at $300 and even $200/$175 listed plus additional flash sale email coupon 20% on top of that. Basically 175-250 for a never summmer profile and quality.

2 year warrenty.

don't know anything on the other one doomsday something or D something , but that's all camber.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Status the last few months were selling decks at $60 and order of $180 or more got free shipping. Bought like 3 boards and even got a beanie.

Such a great deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts