Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need to buy a lot of new gear this season. I need to try on boots, pants, gloves etc so buying online is not an option.

I am in NYC and willing to travel 1-2 hours to a good shop. Paragon and REI are meh and dont have anything except for Burton.

Also, I was thinking to go to south VT - Mt Snow, Stratton, Killington etc and go to a good shops there. Do you have any recommendations?

Only good place I know is Darkside, but they seem to be pretty Burton oriented as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Mount everest just had their sale.

I usually go to Ski Barn in Wayne.

When Heino's closed, ski barn picked up their boot fitter, Greg.

But in NYC, in midtown, you habe Jeff rich of US Orthortic center for boot fitting and custom orthotics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you're willing to travel a bit as you said Out of Bounds in Jersey sounds like what you need, which is to sit down with someone that knows their stuff and try on a bunch of stuff until you find something that works for you. Find them on instagram they have tons of satisfied customers that swear by them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're willing to travel a bit as you said Out of Bounds in Jersey sounds like what you need, which is to sit down with someone that knows their stuff and try on a bunch of stuff until you find something that works for you. Find them on instagram they have tons of satisfied customers that swear by them.
I heard of them. I called them up and they only have ThirtyTwo and Vans boots and only Union bindings. Dude on the phone said Union is the only way to go...

I'll be going up to Stratton / Mount Snow this weekend. Any good shops up there?

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you're taking 91, you could get off exit 18 in Massachusetts and take a right. A mile down the road will be Fat Trax. I haven't been in 12-ish years but they used to be great.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up going to Darkside near Mt Snow. Picked up a pair of DC Judges from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts