Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

What is your opinion on Ride Capo bindings?

I have a read some reviews and forum posts on here, and encounter some different things.

Some people really like the way they ride. But what worries me is their durability and quality. I have seen pictures of broken stuff, stories of ratchets slipping etc. Two friends ride on old Ride Alpha’s and they have had ratchets slip and break too.

What is your experience in this? Are the Capo’s a good investment for all mountain freeriding or should I just go with K2 Company / Formula’s?

Best,

Fith

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I've had mine for 2 seasons, going on 3. Over 50 days total. So far I've had no issues with broken parts, stripped ladders, or bolts loosening up on me. I'm not easy on my gear either, I burned through two sets of Burton bindings in one season before getting my Capos.

Regarding stripped ladders.....any ladder will strip if over tightened, no matter what brand. I see so many people ratcheting down their bindings super super super tight. They just have to be nice and snug. If you feel like you are still "too loose" when you tighten it snug, then you either need a stiffer binding or boot IMHO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had mine for 2 seasons also, going on 3rd season. I had 103 days in them last year and over 85 the first season. (I'm an instructor) I love them. Will need to replace ladder straps for the first time this season. I am one of those people who cranks them down quite tight. I figure replacing ladder straps after 2 years and probably thousands of on/off on that back foot... they sure held up for me. I have not re-tightened my base screws either. Everything stays tight and set.

Just the right mix of response for cranking out some carves, yet work well for tweaks and freestyle. A bit on the stiffer side past middle. The micro-adjustments to center the boot and the canted footbeds make them a perfect fit for me. I ride wide with some pretty big angles ("duck stance"). I can fit my size 11 boots in just a large size binding.

I am ordering another pair for this season this week from the new models. Yeah, I like them that much.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there,

Thank you so much for the replies. They helped alot in making a decision.

I got the 12/13 Capo's for a good price in a local sale and can't wait to try them :D

Thanks again and enjoy your winter :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Anyone know how the capos compare to the K2 Company in weight? I picked up a pair of companys end of last season and have not used them yet. They look good but seem quite heavy to me. I noticed they have made a lighter version for 2014 that I think I am going to exchange for but before I do that wondering how the Capo is on the weight front?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts