Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to wear hoodies while snowboarding when it's a little too warm to wear a jacket or on a sunny nice powder day. Do I need specific "waterproof" hoodies for that or can I wear any hoodie I wish?

·
Registered
43 Posts
People seem fine boarding in cotton hoodies. I guess they never fall. I prefer not to be wet especially wet and cold. So when I was recently shopping for my hoodie I was looking for water resistant or waterproof I hit the jackpot.

I almost bought a water-resistant Burton I'm sure it would have been fine but then I came across the 686 waterproof hoodie. It looks great, it's waterproof it's warm I love it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also have the 686 Waterproof hoodie, and a Burton Crown Bonded zip up. The 686 has more water resistance, but not as much of a traditional hoodie feel. Both have decent stretch.

For sizing, I did a Medium in the 686 and theres room to get a layers underneath and ample length. I did a Large in the Burton, and it fits fairly slim. Maybe 2" longer than a standard hoodie. I am 5'8, 42" chest and 175'ish.

I would go for the 686 Waterproof Hoodie. It has jacket qualities but good freedom of movement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
People seem fine boarding in cotton hoodies. I guess they never fall. I prefer not to be wet especially wet and cold. So when I was recently shopping for my hoodie I was looking for water resistant or waterproof I hit the jackpot.

I almost bought a water-resistant Burton I'm sure it would have been fine but then I came across the 686 waterproof hoodie. It looks great, it's waterproof it's warm I love it. View attachment 151816
How’s the fit? Long? Short? Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
How’s the fit? Long? Short? Thanks
I'm tall and big and I got a XXL. Fit's great. Plenty of room. It was 15 F so I had 3 baselayers under it. I was warm and had plenty of room. When the wind kicked up I put the hood under my helmet and it was almost too warm. Length is what is should be for a boarding hoodie, kinda long. You won't get any snow in your butt.

Because its waterproof as opposed to resistant it might not be as soft and cozy on the outside as some other hoodies IDK and it doesn't stretch a whole lot. They have a zipper by your underarm to get in/out. At first it was a hassle then I got quick at it, now it's no biggee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts