Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
759 Posts
Agreed: core strenght and flexibility are needed, but aren't enough. A good metaphor is maybe photography: you can buy the best camera, learn the best software, know all the tricks and actually make really good pictures (like "pro" level). Now making photos that where people will recognize your style is quite another step and making photos that really move people is yet another huge one.

Same with snowboarding, stomping perfect tricks is one thing, looking (and feeling !) good is yet another one, having people be "I wish I looked like that" is quite another one again.

· Registered
2,954 Posts
I could fumble over words, but prefer to provide an example from snowboarding's early years: Craig Kelly. I know there are LOTS of awesome riders these days, but his style stands-out to me as the master of smooth.

· Registered
591 Posts
Craig Kelly was a legend ahead of his time. Truly inspirational… I love his style.

Devun Walsh is super smooth, but in more of a big mountain freestyle way. If he wasn’t Canadian he’d probably be more well known.

I’m going to say the key is mindfulness... being fully present in the moment, enjoying it without rushing through… being purposeful and knowing what you’re doing, without being overly reactive. Always in control of the situation.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts