Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you knuckle draggers I am looking to get your opinion on what size board to get.

I am

5"10

155 lbs

Boot size of 10

Ride literally everything, last season I rode almost always park. This season I hope to do more backcountry and all mountain. I intend to do a 50/50 split of park and all mountain.

Right now im riding a 153 never summer evo and honestly it feels a little small.
I cant decide if I should be getting a 154 or a 157.

I am looking at the capita doa but any other board suggestions are welcome.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
If the 153 feels small, the 154 isn't going to feel any different. I'd go for the 157... Although your height and weight put you right in the middle of the two, so it's tough to say either way.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Hey Strawbender,

The length that you will need will depend entirely on the model that you are considering. The current season DOA 154 has the same 122 Effective Edge as the Current Season EVO. The contact are is the same as well. To get a longer feeling board you would need to bump up to the 156 ERA. That might all change if you start looking at other models because it is very common for a "longer" board to have a shorter contact area and edge than a much shorter board. That is a long winded way of saying that tip to tip board length means almost nothing :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts