Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm using DaKine...but then again, I'm a n00b at such things as waxing and snowboarding.

Although, it is the same stuff the shop uses, so it's effectively the same wax that half the dudes on the mountain use.

I think I'm good.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i got a really good deal on "canwax" on ebay. seems to work at least as good as any other wax i have used. You can mix and match which types of wax you want. A bunch of universal, some spring, hard pack, and powder wax. All the waxes can be mixed with each other.

P.S i used a make an offer tab and got an even better deal.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Ummmm. What's the deal with The Mandingo Graphite Rub-on?

All Temperature
50 gram unit
The Mandingo Graphite Rub-On is formulated to provide anti-static properties to your existing hot wax.

To Use:

Prior to hot waxing with any of our Choad Cheese Snowboard waxes, scrape off as much of the existing wax as possible. If needed, clean you base with a base cleaner or kerosene and allow to dry for a few minutes. Then rub the Mandingo all over your base.

Rub it in good.

Rub it all the way- from tip to tail.

Do it slowly.

Sweet talk the Mandingo.

Don't be shy.

After about a minute of rubbing, work the Mandingo Graphite Rub-On Wax into the base with a warm iron. Then apply your Choad Cheese Snowboard Wax, allow to cool and scrape as usual.

The Mandingo Graphite Rub-On is not intended as an "on the hill" rub-on wax. Rub-on waxes come off as easily as they were applied, so we at Crack Grease Snowboarding do not endorse or handcraft waxes for that purpose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After about a minute of rubbing, work the Mandingo Graphite Rub-On Wax into the base with a warm iron. Then apply your Choad Cheese Snowboard Wax, allow to cool and scrape as usual.
Are you supposed to iron in the Choad wax too?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts