Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, I have this hill in my backyard that I always thought would be decent for snowboarding but have never done it in the past. What do you think I should build at the bottom of it this winter?

Looking down and the clearing at the bottom

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parking spot for the ambulance and a triage area.
LOL probably right on that one. Yeah I guess it isn't that steep I was just hoping some little shit to set up and get used to doing some boardslides or small kickers or something at night when i'm bored, since I haven't been in about 2 years

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's no steeper than it looks, you're not going to be able to get up enough speed to do shit.
Hmm.. maybe I need more pics. Are you basing it mostly off of the 2nd picture? Most of the hill in that pic is hidden by the trees. I could loop my little 50 easily if I lean back a little as I'm going up it. It curves up much steeper than what you see in that 2nd pic. When I was little I used to sled down it and have a pretty good time. Maybe I'll take some more pics or just wait for the snow to fall

·
Veteran Member
11,553 Posts
What is the slope angle of that? If it is around 30 degrees it should be fine. If it's less than that, it may or may not work. Under 20 degrees, you can probably forget it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Some rails if its steep enough. Easy to build and you can re use them each winter. Maybe a box if you have skills to make one. (not hard at all)

·
Super Moderator
6,272 Posts
Trees are generally vertical. You can give a better idea by going to the steep part of the hill,turning 90 degrees to the slope, and snap the trees with ground in the picture.

·
2,316 Posts
I would pack up the snow a bit to make a little steeper and build some homemade boxes/rails to practice on. I just setup one of the hills on my property for this winter, I took some cedar log tips leftover from the logger and sanded them down, threw some finish and wax on them to make a couple small rails. I also took a few really cool fat internally rotten out logs and cut them in half, finished them and made basically this 15 foot transitioning round box. I love working with natural wood since you can build whatever you imagine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This! By far!

Be sure to have the video camera running!
lmao you wanna see someone die don't you george?

Hobomaster - that's cool man, I think I'm gonna have to try that. Went back out on that hill again today even though I didn't get any pics. When I put my mini bike near the top it started sliding down even with the kickstand down (it is loose sand but it's steep enough to slide down) so I will definitely be building some shit for the bottom. I'll get better pics eventually I'm sure too

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Due to the size of the hill, you're not going to build anything big on it, not easily anyways :)

Set up a line of boxes and rails, maybe a kicker at the bottom...

or set up a wild boarder x course, lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts