Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new board and am open to suggestions. I ride in MN so a lot of park riding with some blue runs to mess around on a butter on thrown in there. I like boxes and rails and a few 10-20 foot kickers. I also like buttering on normal runs. My current board is a 2011 K2 Parkstar which I really like. It's past warranty and is starting to delaminate so I'll need a new board soon. I'd like something similar to the feel of it but would like to try out a different company. I'm looking for either a full rocker, flat with rocker tips, or flat board. Some sort of hybrid camber might work as well. I want it to have a lot of flex without being a complete noodle (i.e. not quite as soft as the Artifact Rocker or WWW but still pretty soft). I'm open to any company. I'm doing a bunch of research myself, but I'd just like to hear what any of you think are good boards that fit my needs.

About me

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155 lbs without gear
Boot size: US Men 9
Bindings: 2012 Nitro Raiden Zero
Style: Listed above
Previous board: 2011 K2 Parkstar 152

·
Registered
736 Posts
My fave board this year has been my Capita DOA, not the right profile you described, but Capita does make a bunch with the profile you mentioned and geared towards your style of riding.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'm looking for a new board and am open to suggestions. I ride in MN so a lot of park riding with some blue runs to mess around on a butter on thrown in there. I like boxes and rails and a few 10-20 foot kickers. I also like buttering on normal runs. My current board is a 2011 K2 Parkstar which I really like. It's past warranty and is starting to delaminate so I'll need a new board soon. I'd like something similar to the feel of it but would like to try out a different company. I'm looking for either a full rocker, flat with rocker tips, or flat board. Some sort of hybrid camber might work as well. I want it to have a lot of flex without being a complete noodle (i.e. not quite as soft as the Artifact Rocker or WWW but still pretty soft). I'm open to any company. I'm doing a bunch of research myself, but I'd just like to hear what any of you think are good boards that fit my needs.

About me

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 155 lbs without gear
Boot size: US Men 9
Bindings: 2012 Nitro Raiden Zero
Style: Listed above
Previous board: 2011 K2 Parkstar 152
I just picked up a Rome Shank to toss around at So Cal resorts.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got similar specs/riding styles and I'm real happy with my Status. Sounds like their iD could fit what you are looking for and it's on sale. 2012 ID Series : STATUS Snowboard Company
these look really interesting. i thought i knew pretty much all snowboard brands but i've never heard of these guys before. do you have anymore info on them and how's their quality?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts